Fishing Report PORT BURWELL PERCH

poconokidII

FISH WITH 3 BUDS OF MINE YESTERDAY FROM 9AM TO 2PM...NOTTA BITE NOTTA SNIFF!!!!!!!! FISHED FROM LAST WINDMILL AT HASTINGS CLEAR CREEK SAND HILLS SILVER BARN IN FRONT OF PEER 30FOW TO 52FOW.....WATER WAS CHOCOLATE ALL THE WAY OUT..AT LEAST WE SOLVED ALL THE WORLDS PROBLEMS HAD A NICE LUNCH (NOT INTERUPTED BY ROD GOING OFF) PUT MILES ON THE WATER ,,,BEAUTIFULL DAY ON THE WATER,,,,

Two of us , got enough for a small feed, pickeral, but not enough to help with my stock pile. Started out passed the hump and then back and forth. It was a great day out on the water, hoping for at least one more like it before shutting down.

king joe , out of Burwell, out over the hump and then north/south , east /west all in that hump area. back and forth.
Used a variety of spoons and riplins, riggers and dipseys.
Looks like we should have gone to Simcoe, next time.
Any updates on L St Clair pickeral. ?

Is there anyone fishing Big creek for chrome?
Just curious if there or a few swimming around.

Beamer where were you out on Simcoe? Thinking of going up with a friend
Hey sorry just seen this Port bolster was where I had the most luck. Out front of Pefferlaw river

Attachments

• 5C85976E-E874-4C27-8FE0-943577D76443.jpeg
    5C85976E-E874-4C27-8FE0-943577D76443.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 33
If ya don't mind me asking Beamer, what bait were you using? I ice fish the area all the time but never gone out in the boat. We always use either pickerel rigs with minnows or other ice fishing spoons(slab grabber, buckshots etc).

Hey no problem
It’s pretty similar
I ran 2 set ups.
Had a pickerel rig set up and ready when the bite was hot. Between schools I was tossing a 1/4 ounce vmc jig head chartreuse with a minnow skewered on it
Reeling slow bumping bottom
Reel reel pause kinda deal like your bass fishing haha
I caught most of the hogs like that.

A slow troll 1 to .5 km with rigs down
When the bites slow doesn’t hurt either

Cooks bay is starting to pick up also if your looking for a change in scene mid day

The colder it’s gets the better

Attachments

• D9A7F6D6-52B5-4873-BFB4-74F06BFB812F.jpeg
    D9A7F6D6-52B5-4873-BFB4-74F06BFB812F.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 36
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks