Port Burwell Perch Sunday

Jveri

Headed out of Burwell yesterday morning around 9 and headed towards hastings. Found the pack of boats and setup just west of everyone in 50' of water. First spot only produced a few gobies, moved to 52'ft of water and picked up a couple of perch. Our final move to 55' of water was the hot ticket for us. From noon til about 3pm it was non stop, was actually starting to feel like work lol. Ended the day with 80 keepers and had maybe 30-40 throwbacks for the day.

IMG_13332804591552_resized_zps5ab1cc70.jpeg

The fish didnt bite until I stuck my crocs in the water too clean my feet off :) Is that how you turn the bite on Big dave? Flash em the crocs haha

The fish didnt bite until I stuck my crocs in the water too clean my feet off :) Is that how you turn the bite on Big dave? Flash em the crocs haha

Shhhh:cool: it is a secret:p

We struggled until 1130 then the fish turned on, I got a call from a friend for those fish.

Thanks rac

I can see where good fisherman would confuse @stomp, why do you think he sold his boat?

Go with @Stick, @lifesabeech and @packrat are already your future:ROFLMAO:

@packrat, @lifesabeech and many others here are all of our futures as long as we are willing to fight to get out and enjoy the day as best we can! That's just the fact of aging into a seasoned veteran.

@stomp If you can swing a machete, manhandle a 36" bow saw or possibly a 14" chainsaw while standing nipple deep in flowing water or straddling various pieces of blow down for 5 hours a day your hired! The ability to drag 250 plus pounds of fiberglass and equipment over and or through said blown down log jambs is also a prerequisite for the position. Work day starts minimum 1 hour before the first hint of daylight, requires you to be responsible for your own headlamp, food, water and personal medication, life insurance and roe. Work day ends up to 2 hours after you just can't see your float anymore with the winching and dragging of said fiberglass and equipment back onto the bunks of the trailer. Employer will be responsible for cleaning, maintenance and repair of said fiberglass and equipment and nothing more. I look forward to seeing your resume.

Picture of your workplace.

63f8e86f-f6a7-4e83-8c3d-187720baed9e.jpg

Sorry for the hijack @Jveri

Last edited:
@Stick, job sounds fun ('cept all the heavy lifting and water up to the nipples) and workplace looks awesome, but the boss might be a problem... sounds like he could be pretty demanding :eek::D

Headed out of Burwell yesterday morning around 9 and headed towards hastings. Found the pack of boats and setup just west of everyone in 50' of water. First spot only produced a few gobies, moved to 52'ft of water and picked up a couple of perch. Our final move to 55' of water was the hot ticket for us. From noon til about 3pm it was non stop, was actually starting to feel like work lol. Ended the day with 80 keepers and had maybe 30-40 throwbacks for the day.

IMG_13332804591552_resized_zps5ab1cc70.jpeg
That"s a nice catch of perch......but keeping that way..in the water is the worst thing you can do if you want nice fresh perch...just saying..you need to keep them on ice...

This picture was about an hour after we got off the water, I had some frozen ice blocks floating in there for most of the day. They were still quite cold when I got home

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks