Port Burwell Marina/Recreational Development - at Contemplated stage

icefisherman

I've just got info on possible upcoming good news for Port Burwell and all of us fishermen using this port.

There is a project coming up for construction of a 350 - ship marina facility. The value is $10,000,000
Location is Burwell Harbourfront.
The stage is "Contemplated".
"This project is conecptual only. Timelines to proceed with this project are undetermined. Further update spring 2014."

It seems nothing is for sure yet but in the background the wheels are moving into motion.
Thought I should let you all know. Maybe there is a way to influence the decision makers to move the project forward.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

For 10M there is going to have to be allot of decisions and planning. This is not just an after thought. There will have to be approvals, hoops to jump through and a bunch more engineering. If it is conceptual stages then I would think your looking 2-3 years out... maybe more. Don't get you hopes up to high. But it's a nice thought.

Its time.
Build a marina and the rest, as in restaurants, condos, etc will come.
Our Erie shoreline looks like a third world country compared to some places along the lakes.

If you build it they will come back!!!!!!!!! I haven't been to Burwell for years, because of the marina launch. I go to Bruce!!

Seems to me I have heard this story before , a few years ago . If the town would put in some decent ramps with a small tackle shop they could make a decent buck and bring in more tourist.

We have an excellent launch ramp, it's called Big otter Marina and Campground. Mike and the crew do an excellent job getting hundreds of boats out each year quickly. What the town needs is the harbour and river dredged on a regular basis to allow more pleasure craft into the existing marina's. A beautiful launch doesn't help getting out of the harbour when it is 3 feet deep on good day.

You should do like we do in Port Bruce , due more studies and hire consaltants at 100.000 's and throw them in the garbage and due nothing , and smile as they due so.....and then claim there is no money left to do any work ,that's what passes for economical development here ??? oh ya and then double your taxes

It would sure be nice, but $10 million into Port Burwell I think is somebody's pipe dream.

Yes I have recently heard of the ramp at Big Otter. Haven't been to that one and no offence intended for the slight. Just Bradfields is too steep for my roller trailer. One wrong move and the boat would be on it's keel like snap.

Icefisherman, interested to know where you saw this information? I believe Port Burwell
will inevitably be a thriving port once again but the time line for this is ???? The increasing
population in the surrounding area along with developmental stepping stones such as the National Marine
Museum, will pave the way for future projects, not only in Burwell, but the surrounding area.

I receive daily updates on upcoming projects in Southern Ontario through my work. An this project was on the list.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Stage : 2-Planning

Published : October 2, 2013
Starting Date (estimated) : October 2014 or Later
Size : Mid-sized ($9,900,000)
Work type : New construction
Sector : Public
Category : 5-Civil
Subcategories : 5F-Quays
Disciplines : CIV
(London) N0J

On the map : maps.google.com
Description :
MARINA, RECREATION DEVELOPMENT -
Located in Port Burwell, Chatham St., this project (Port Burwell Harbour Marina) estimated at $9 900 000 is in the initial stage. Works concern construction of a 350-ship marina facility.

- Initiator: MUNICIPALITY OF BAYHAM, 9344 Plank Rd. N., PO Box 160, Straffordville, ON, N0J 1Y0, (519) 866-5521, Fax: (519) 866-3884

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks