Port Burwell July 9 2011

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
After a few weekends of some very successful perch fishng and hearing/reading some good reports of Walleye and Rainbows being caught out of Burwell,Icemaker and myself decided to head for deep water and try our luck.Headed S/E to 60 feet of water and set up.We must of been rusty from perch fishing because our average for boating fish went against us today.We picked up one Rainbow and one Walleye and left 5 other rainbows laughing there tails off at us as they threw the hooks back at the boat after putting on an aerobatic display.I am sure I seen one big rainbow doing the flipper tailwalk as he spit the hook back at us.2 for 7 was the count but it sure was a beauty day out on the water.Boy was it busy at the launch, 3/4 of an hour in the channel waiting our turn in the line up of boats to get to the ramp to get the boat out.Never seen it so busy.
100_0082.jpg

Kirk

glad to see you got some fish.....Eddy and I went 2 for 3 on pics on friday night.... see you down there soon.
Big fish this year

good to see you got out Kirk

but what was that you were sayin about sharp hooks? LOL :D

Yeah kirk, I was talking with "plaw" yesterday and he claimed that violent T-storms went through that area of Lake Erie before dawn Friday morning. He said things were so stirred up they were catching suspended branches on Friday. It will take a few days.

LOL Rick,,my hooks are sticky sharp.So you are heading off Burwell J-man?I am sure I will see you out there.
Hey Arnie,yes a few people we talked too said the fish were scattered from a couple days ago.That would explain it if the storm came thru.My dad never said anything and he lives in Burwell....lol

Kirk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks