Port Burwell Harbour

midnight cowboy

Could anyone inform me as to the water levels for the channel at Port Burwell? I have a 24' inboard.
Has there been or is there going to be any dredging in the forseeable future?
How is the fishing going(perch, and what is the expected date for pic's?
Thanks, Bob
e-mail: rweatherhead1@amtelecom.net

Was there yesterday and the channel has lots of water if you stay to there reg path out and if the sub is coming like they say then the it will be Dredged in the fall

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

was there Saturday, 5ft out past the peir, lots of water.It will be good and deep before sub comes.
Perch is picking up, this weather should increase it shortly. Middle of June be trolling again i bet if weather holds.

When you are heading out from bradfields,just before the pier in the middle of the river it is only 2 f.o.w.!!!You must stay close to the left pier side and it is 3ft.,then when you get to the start of the pier it goes to 4 ft. and the rest is safe zone.I have a 14 ft. with a 40 evinrude(20")no tilt and I almost got stuck going out,so the warning is out there to everyone!!!!!So needless to say the river level is low for this time of year!!

I noticed that shallow area as well both times I went out on the weekend
we caught 80 nice perch in 42 fow east by the silver barn on Saturday and 25 nice ones Monday (same place)took the wife and kids on Monday and had to cut the day short due to a couple people that couldn't handle the waves and turned a bit green ...lol

Yep hit that too in my 18' with 50hp tiller on the way back in Sunday. Stirred up a little mud. Stick to the east side of the river closer to the breakwall. I was mid river in the area described above.

The word is that the channel will be dredged in the first or second week of July. The sub will arrive on the 7th of september

Noel & Sita Hayes
Kingfisher of Pt.Burwell

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks