Port Burwell/Bruce Launches

Jveri

Just wondering if any launches will be open for the weekend? Saturday and Sunday look decent for weather/wind might take the boat for a dip...

Ours is open, but do not have a dock in at ramp yet, there is a large jam of garbage up the river, of tws road converts,ontario hydro ,hydro poles that have caused a huge build up of logs, which at some point will let go when we have a good rain and take out any docks and boats out that are in river.

The powers to be have been contacted about it, but........ of coarse no response, and I'm tired flipping the cost of removing this stuff my self every year, and last few years, many residents here have been threatened by the powers to be here with major fines for doing any clean up here on beaches or in river

Go figure??

Last edited:
Ours is open, but do not have a dock in at ramp yet, there is a large jam of garbage up the river, of tws road converts,ontario hydro ,hydro poles that have caused a huge build of logs, which at some point will let go when we have a good rain and take out any docks and boats out that are in river.

The powers to be have been contacted about it, but........ of coarse no response, and I'm tired flipping the cost of removing this stuff my self every year, and last few years, many residents here have been threatened by the powers to be here with major fines for doing any clean up here on beaches or in river

Go figure??

I recall the exact same thing causing many thousands of dollar damage to property and boats for the past few years like you say. If my property was just sitting there waiting for the inevitable to come I would be doing whatever needs to be done to mitigate damages to my property as well as that of my neighbours. Let them fine me I'll see the Ministry of Idiocy in court.

Is your marina on the same creek as North Eries @rushcreek? I recall seeing pics here of a mess last spring on that creek.

Is your marina on the same creek as North Eries @rushcreek? I recall seeing pics here of a mess last spring on that creek.

@WhatsthePoint all marina's in Port Bruce are on same creek....Catfish Creek ......it has released it's furry a few times over the years .....mostly on ice out ....last years accident in sept was cause by hi water and one big ass tree........apps

"Our mandate is to server and protect against loss and life and property threw flood control and erosion.." that is the opening line to the conservation authorities bio.

They forgot the second part "we wait and see what happens first approach"

The part I don't understand this time its clearly a man made mess something want wrong somewhere up stream to wash out 30ft x3 Ft culverts and hydro poles , and then not answer anyone back on inquires?? in weeks

Last edited:
"Our mandate is to server and protect against loss and life and property threw flood control and erosion.." that is the opening line to the conservation authorities bio.

They forgot the second part "we wait and see what happens first approach"

The part I don't understand this time its clearly a man made mess something want wrong somewhere up stream to wash out 30ft x3 Ft culverts and hydro poles , and then not answer anyone back on inquires?? in weeks

Sounds like someone had a bridge across the creek somewhere up stream .......I could use them hydro poles for a tree stand I'm building (more like a tree palace) ......might be more work then worth to try and get them out ....plus if you get one of them free then it might all break free and take me out with them on way out to lake ........apps

All yours, hydro poles need car trailer apps..... like new one 25ft plastic culvert left if someone wants to make offer, sold one

Ours is open, but do not have a dock in at ramp yet, there is a large jam of garbage up the river, of tws road converts,ontario hydro ,hydro poles that have caused a huge build up of logs, which at some point will let go when we have a good rain and take out any docks and boats out that are in river.

Go figure??
Rush creek like to come up thete

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks