port bruce?

Rankulizer82

Any body go out from port bruce? Sure I can go to st williams but lookin for a shorter drive. Any outfitters or fish there?

NOT ALLOWED TO GO OUT SIGNES POSTED THERE WAS SOME PEOPLE THAT WENT OUT LAST YEAR AND COPS WHERE WAITING FOR THEM WHEN THEY CAME IN

Pack ice on the lake side is treacherous and extremely variable in thickness and quality to say the least. Have drilled off of Burwell, Clear Creek, Normandale and Ryerse in the past and don't recommend the experience. Some holes never broke through to water while others took 2 turns of the auger and holey crap get me out of here!

Fair to say that if the Lake was Safe, Ice Fishing would of been going on there for years by now...I've been in Long Point since 1976 and have yet to see any type of Ice Fishing on the Lake Side.

you want to fish the lake side , try leamington , at least the pelee point holds the ice for a little while.

froze quite well there last season and its looking good again for this season.

perch and walleye fishing all in one.

They hammer them on the main lake over in New York. Can't see why we couldn't if the ice was actually safe.

Took a look around Burwell this week and the ice was as smooth as can be past the rock pile. Not sure on thickness but it looked a lot nicer than Port Bruce ice which was all pack and chunk.

Would love to give it a try someday, but I guess not if its illegal. Would surely beat the 4 perch days at Long Point everyone seems to have.

the key word, if the ice was safe

Now if it would get cold enough that the boats would stop breaking the crap out of the lane then perhaps the ice would hold a bit better.

Last season was quite a bit different as boats actually stopped because of the cold giving the ice a good hold

Take a look at the erie map from the pics today
http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=e&page=1

sure looks to me that whole north side erie shoreline is wide open and then the ships still running still can even put a hold on the west erie basin around leamington were it will freeze and hold first.

I do understand your perching issues with the point , in my opinion its not like it was many years back , were you would have to pull your pole out to take a break, side of my pop up would be soaking wet from the water splashing off all the fish caught.

I have taken my daughter the past few years and been skunked each time, hard to keep my kids interested without fish.

Definitely looks promising from the pics last week .

I walked out off hastings last year. I didn't drop a line but I dug a few holes and the ice was able to support the weight of a man no problem. Last year was special though not sure I would try it yet this year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks