Fishing Report Port Bruce Walleye Aug. 22nd AM

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This was a day to remember, perfect weather, perfect water conditions and perfect fishing. Launched at NEM at 6.00 am, run to 67 fow just SW of port checking the screen at 50, 60, 65 fow and at 67 ft. the screen lit up with what I knew to be walleye. Last trip out at Glasgow with @icefisherman and @plaw64 we run over the fish to get to 70 fow and had to come back so wasn't going to make that mistake again.

After seeing all the big marks were from 60 ft. to the bottom we dropped 2 lead core all 10 colours out plus 50 ft. of braid backing and 2 riggers set at 50- 55 ft. with 70 ft. leads. Silver Streak Mini Jerry Lee silver back did most of the damage with Greasy Chicken Wing copper second and Nascar copper third to catch our 2 man limit in 2 hours. We lost 1 hog behind the boat and also released 4 unhurt small walleye. Only 2 wallys came off the riggers, no bows, only 5 Silvers and 1 sheep. Most wallys were perfect eaters with the biggest around 7 lbs. Oh yes, we also caught 1 jumbo perch off the rigger. :)

Gorgeous days like today that cover every facet of fishing perfection imaginable don't come around very often. NO sweaty sunburn, no long ride in big waves, no sore back from getting bounced and a cooler full of wallys, it don't get any better than that. Oh and not another boat, a net or fishing tug in sight! (y):D :D

IMG_1118.JPG

Grest job... would have gave you a shout had I known you were out. We had another good day out of Burwell. Lots of eyes and a 14lb catfish to boot...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks