Port Bruce Walleye 30 July.

Woodsman

Well today Tom & myself spent the day on the water off Port Bruce.
Slow start for us with nothing but a couple sheephead & a couple knockoffs until almost 1 PM.
10 to 1 I got this 28" walleye.
30Jul11PBruce002.jpg

This was quickly followed by Tom's walleye.
30Jul11PBruce005.jpg

Rounded out the day with a total of 3 each. Look close one is hiding behind Tom's right arm.
30Jul11PBruce007.jpg

Mixed veggies & green monkey puke were the tickets for us. 2 off riggers & 4 off dipseys.

nice fish i saw you guys down there. I was the dummy that forgot to put the plug in his boat. I got a little wet but not a huge problem we started a bit too shallow but still had a few knock off but learnt a lot for the first time out with my riggers. We tried running dipsy's too but they didnt seem to go out from the boat like I thought they would. Are you/ Can you run dipsy off of planner board?

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

quote:
Originally posted by kegman

We tried running dipsy's too but they didnt seem to go out from the boat like I thought they would. Are you/ Can you run dipsy off of planner board?

Never tried to run a dipsy off a board. It would require a quite strong release clip.
Did you have them set right?
To get away from the boat use the bottom weight on the dipsy set on 3 with the weight closest to the boat when the dipsy is facing forward as it would be trolled. The weight set on 0 will troll straight back with a setting of 1 or 2 moving progressively further to the side. I have seen many set them backwards figuring the weigh on the outside will pull the dipsy out but what the weight actually does is angle the dipsy allowing the passing water to pull dipsy out & away from the the weighted side.

Rick

yeah I had them spun to left or right depending on the side of the boat we wanted them off. Time to go try again

A bad days fishing better than good days work.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks