port bruce up date,,,

That looks like it will completely screw up this summers and maybe next year also for Port Bruce for daily launching of boats.
For Rush Creek until the collapsed bridge is gone it will screw you. Depending on the height of the temp bridge it could also effect you.
As for NEM if the temp bridge goes in where they want the road to their place will now become a busy street making launching far more difficult. Parking for boat trailers & tow vehicles way also be restricted due to construction and removal equipment.

well i am luck that we were all ready set up to run out of port stanely for up coming season as well, we will be also located at the bridge view marina ,there is a boat ramp ,docks and parking,and live bait.

As for bridge here they got to have it out before any heavy rains come,or port bruce will be swamp land,and its classified as navigable water way.As for temp bridge, it would have to be place as high or higher then original one or they will be fishing it out as well .

well i am luck that we were all ready set up to run out of port stanely for up coming season as well, we will be also located at the bridge view marina ,there is a boat ramp ,docks and parking,and live bait.

As for bridge here they got to have it out before any heavy rains come,or port bruce will be swamp land,and its classified as navigable water way.As for temp bridge, it would have to be place as high or higher then original one or they will be fishing it out as well .

Wow....that's great news!! Congrats. You are going to be a very busy Marina Operator this year!!!

Cheers, George.

and on and on it will go .......its a no brainer get it out of the water first like yesterday ...?????? then figure out who pays for what and were
Here the problem lies.
No company will go to the expense of removing the bridge without being guaranteed payment. They will not wait possibly years until who will pay is sorted out.
If the county orders the bridge removal they will have to guarantee payment and then wait for the money to come back to them if it does.
So the bridge removal waits.

I don't think the government would carry insurance for something like this.

true,but is that not why counties and townships have reserve funds ,emergency funds,drainage funds,and triple A credit line funds?

Just a bit worried come april showers come ,i've seen the river rise over the banks with out dump truck and bridge in it,on my property alone there are a good dozen big trees headed that way with a couple inches of rain

and if for some reason need barge of some type how long would that take to get here? weeks? days?

i'm sure they are doing the best they can,,but no matter what it has to be done regardless who pays,time is more a factor

I usually don't weigh in on these discussions but I had to this time. I would be surprised if anything moved down there until blame is established. I have worked with governments for more than 10 years and the one thing I have found is they are the most risk adverse entities on the planet. This is not just a matter of who is going to pay for the bridge removal, but who is going to pay for the new bridge, and more importantly who is going to be responsible when the potential law suits start to fly. Why did the bridge collapse.....was it the Counties fault, was it the Township's fault, was it the Inspector's fault, was it the dump truck's fault for having the wrong tires, was it a catfish that ran into a rock and shook the shore and the combination of that AND the vibration from the dump truck caused the bridge to go. Sounds silly but that's how ridiculous it can get. On top of that, once blame is established, the faulty party will challenge and drag it out longer.
As far as law suits go, I suspect the driver has already been approached by some lawyers........unless of course they conclude it was his fault for having too big of a lunch!! Nothing surprises me anymore...........
I hope I am wrong, but it could be a long summer waiting for that bridge to be removed.

Wheels are moving VERY slowly regarding removal. The County should step up,remove the truck and then seek payment. The supports/footing for the 'old' bridge location need extensive repairs. Not sure who's spinning (wheels) the most ,County or Township :jawdrop:

Jchevy does the County or the Township control the bridge?
Either the road is the Counties or the Townships responsibility?
Won't be both.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks