Port Bruce Tugs

Mike Down

This morning there were 4 fish tugs fishing within a couple of miles of the beach at Port Bruce. A neighbour, Frank Burch told me they're fishing for white bass. Is that right? Another neighbour Ron Shelley has live minnows but there weren't too many out fishing. Greg and Samantha Edwards got married in Port on Saturday. They had great weather and make a wonderful couple. I used to tell Daryl Claxton that he was the best operator the North Erie Marina ever had since it began operation. Port Bruce has been blessed to have an even better one in Greg and Sam. Good Luck!

I believe that they are fishing for "White Perch" not white(silver) Bass.

Most of the guys I have talked to have filled their quotas for yellow perch and are now after White Perch which are easier to catch in the fall. Not to be confused with Silver(White Bass. Alot of fisherman can't tell the differance between a white bass and a white perch.

For me, yellow, no comparison. Don't be fooled by cheaper 'lake perch' at the restaurant.

quote:
Originally posted by ready4openwaters

What taste better the yellow perch or the white perch

quote:
Originally posted by stomp

For me, yellow, no comparison. Don't be fooled by cheaper 'lake perch' at the restaurant.

quote:
Originally posted by ready4openwaters

What taste better the yellow perch or the white perch

What he said---have tried them, didnt really care for them.

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Commercial guys just showed up in Colchester last weekend. Have not seen them since the spring when they were netting walleye.The guys in Colchester are netting yellow perch,3 miles straight out of the habour.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks