Fishing Report Port Bruce - Sept. 6th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Darren joined me for what we were hoping would be a good morning perch fishing. After 2 hours of trying here and there we realised the perch are still non-existant at Port Bruce. :cry:

We headed out to join the other boats tracking down walleye but after 8 straight limits we came to the conclusion it wasn't happening this trip out. We ended with just 4 walleye and 1 bow, it was a humbling experience. :)

Fish are a little higher after the big blow, 7 colour lead and 32-35 ft. on the riggers caught the few we managed today. All that worked for us was Tequila Sunrise and Mixed Veggie Silver Streak spoons. Nada on body baits or any other colours we tried.

Darren

IMG_1296.JPG
IMG_1298.JPG

I think I saw you two coming in today. I was sittin on the pier again lol.

Darren joined me for what we were hoping would be a good morning perch fishing. After 2 hours of trying here and there we realised the perch are still non-existant at Port Bruce. :cry:

We headed out to join the other boats tracking down walleye but after 8 straight limits we came to the conclusion it wasn't happening this trip out. We ended with just 4 walleye and 1 bow, it was a humbling experience. :)

Fish are a little higher after the big blow, 7 colour lead and 32-35 ft. on the riggers caught the few we managed today. All that worked for us was Tequila Sunrise and Mixed Veggie Silver Streak spoons. Nada on body baits or any other colours we tried.

Darren

View attachment 6308
View attachment 6309
Not the news I was looking for at all Robert.

I think I saw you two coming in today. I was sittin on the pier again lol.

Darren thought it was you at the end of the pier but when we got close he said no that's not him. :oops:
Were you on the end of the pier, black coat sitting on I think a lawn chair?

Last edited:
Not the news I was looking for at all Robert.

Could just be the big blow John and cold NW wind shut them down.
I hope it's not getting to the end of walleye fishing just yet.
The perch... well that's another story, they never started so how can they be finished? :banghead:

Darren thought it was you at the end of the pier but when we got close he said no that's not him. :oops:
Were you on the end of the pier, black coat sitting on I think a lawn chair?

I was sitting on the southwest corner facing west/southwest. I was wearing a green "hoodie" type sweater, but from a distance because it's so sun faded it could have looked black lol....I could see the boats coming and going,....I left for home at 2:30 this afternoon....so it's possible that I didn't see you. There was a man and a woman sitting on the east side of the pier right beside the lighthouse when I left....if you came in after 2:30 then I was mistaken and didn't see you:oops: However depending on what time you went out I may have seen you going out this morning. But based on what I can see from the picture of Darren I definitely remember seeing a boat of that color with it's top up coming in before I left. :whistle:

Thats a nice catch, cant last forever, we are heading out of Burwell fri pm and saturday am..........will post results.

I was sitting on the southwest corner facing west/southwest. I was wearing a green "hoodie" type sweater, but from a distance because it's so sun faded it could have looked black lol....I could see the boats coming and going,....I left for home at 2:30 this afternoon....so it's possible that I didn't see you. There was a man and a woman sitting on the east side of the pier right beside the lighthouse when I left....if you came in after 2:30 then I was mistaken and didn't see you:oops: However depending on what time you went out I may have seen you going out this morning. But based on what I can see from the picture of Darren I definitely remember seeing a boat of that color with it's top up coming in before I left. :whistle:

If it helps any, in the past couple weeks I've been hearing from people on the pier who have boats but have come out to shoot the breeze, that a lot of what are assumed to be perch are being marked in 55-60 fow, while others have said they're marking them closer in at 25-27 fow. Many of them have said that when they clean the walleye they've caught, those walleye have bellies full of perch.....the one guy said the one day he was out, like many others, he caught his limit of walleye and 20 yellows and each of those walleye he kept had 3 or 4 perch each in them......so his strategy when he goes out is find the walleye, get his limit then stay on them and drop minnows for the perch and it's somewhat been working for him.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks