Port Bruce Sept. 5 morning

quote:
Originally posted by i2cool2fool

Hi all. I am new to perch fishing and could use some advice. What amount of weight are you adding to the end of your line when using a pic/perch rig? What is your technique for enticing and hooking perch?

If there aren't any minnows available, I was planning to use some Gulp Alive minnows and drop shotting and/or pic rigs with my medium graphite rods (mono).

I appreciate any help and welcome PMs if you care to share.

When the bait stores ran out of minnows in late june i was drop shotting gulp alive minnows (pearl white) and did well. even got a nice eye. i think you should give it a go.
for weight 1/2 to 5/8 oz

wallywalleye,
Not meaning to pry, but where are you headed on the lake to pursue walleye? I'd like to keep at it for a while yet myself.

delmer...With all the big wind and rain called for this weekend I won't be venturing out until it clears up next week sometime. I haven't been out for walleye in almost 2 weeks now but when I do fish I think I'll be back in 59-65 fow about half way between Port Bruce and Stanley. Some of the reports say they are getting them in closer again in 58-59 fow which saves miles of running. I will post a report to let you know how I make out.

Hi all. I got out yesterday morning with a couple of pals for a few hours. We drifted from 40' - 35' straight out from Port Bruce. We hit perch pretty good and my family had a tasty supper last night. My 3yr old daughter loved it.

One of the dudes in the boat was briefly known as King Baaa due to his Sheepshead luck. He must have pulled a half dozen in or at least it seemed like it. LOL

I followed Big Dave's advice and rigged my braided setup with a dropshot rig with minnows. I had several doubles. Once the waves got bigger and started rolling around 11 AM, we called it a day. It was a rough, wet ride back to the dock.

Thanks again. I look forward to more perch fishing, likely next year.

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

Wackywalleye, go pound salt[B)]

Stick to lowballing guys in classifieds so we don't have to bother reading your comments in other forums.

Kevin, do you know what OBO means? You obviously have no clue. It's hard to deal if you don't make an offer. You should stick to what you know, nothing.

I know what obo stands for, what does the B stand for?:D

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

Or "BEST" offer. Looking back on all your previous posts, there's nothing "BEST" about any of them, including the fishing forum.

Keep the reports coming Wallywalleye and Big Dave.

i was out with wife on fri got are limit in 3 hrs on salts. i asume if i had live it would have been 2 hrs.i catch my owne minnows to save money . lots of time not money.ps we hooked 12 sheepys

johnnyo

Okay johnnyo! once again that's great perching followed by a good report. Though you do now realize that will also put you in Bobo's so-called book of braggarts with the rest of us. But then again, like most of us your not likely to spend more than a few seconds of your time being offended by a complete 'knot head' like Bobo. Good report!

Bobo... Apology accepted. It takes a real man to own up when he is wrong and I commend you for having the backbone to admit that. You will also find that everyone else will be more hospitable towards you when you treat them with respect. Let's all enjoy each other's postings and be thankful for all refreshing contributions to this forum. Thank you and I say "good for you Bobo." ;);)

Back