Port Bruce Perch, Tuesday June 10th

Fish em All

Fished out of North Erie Marina this morning with Fishing Fun and Green Hornet.....Headed out East of the pier and set anchor in 26-28 FOW. We fished "pickerel rigs" using ultra light action 5 foot rods rigged with 8-10 lb test braided line. Shiner minnows fished on the bottom using half to 3/4 ounce bell sinkers, held our live bait presentations in place. A lot of the jumbo perch (12-13.5 ") were spitting up large smelt and small gobies after being netted and unhooked..... Other fish including many large sheepshead and a few silver bass were caught while waiting for cruising schools of perch.....Ended up catching 49 keepers up to 13.5 inches and many fish in between 11-13 inches.....Ran out of minnows around 1030am and fished sun dried and salties until noon....We released 25-30 smaller sized perch as well, and with no wind or waves and a lot of warm sunshine, it was an incredible day to be on the water!!!

Last edited:
not trying to be smart but look at the pictures, no wind..............

Good report, thanks

Big Dave, I don't want to be smart either but I guess because there are not any waves means there wasn't any wind? When there isn't what I would call wind here the windmills are spinning, maybe they are on auto pilot?

Seriously, we had no wave action today and a stiff wind from the north coupled with a SE wind. Exactly the same right now, too windy for a bonfire tonight and zero waves. What do you mean by look at the pictures?

The reason I ask is we cancelled a trip west because of the east wind prediction and according to windfinder the wind was from the east at 5 knts gust to 7 if I recall correctly. If it was some kind of joke you better put a smiley face on it because I'm slow and don't get it. You know us guys from east of the point aren't too swift after all. (insert smiley face here)

It is a beauty of a fish.
So far this season perch quality have been nothing but great, and size of gobies eaten by the perch are also not small

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks