Fishing Report Port Bruce Monday, July 2nd

BrentEve

Got to bruce around 7am.... spent 4 hours out and only got 2 eyes and 2 white fish. Fun time for 2 rookies trying to learn on the fly. Had one guy come up behind us and snagged my line. Had to snap it and lost a redfin:( then somehow my father-in-law managed to tangle my 5 color lead in the prop:( had to jump in the water to untangle it all.... got it all out but now I have a giant tangle to work on while watching some weekday TV.

We stayed in 35- 42 FOW and caught everything at about 20 feet deep. Firetiger color spoon and purple rippling redfin worked for us. Worm harnesses failed as worms kept going missing off the hook:( like I said still learning as we go!

Attachments

• 20180702_122128.jpg
    20180702_122128.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 128
  • 20180702_092035.jpg
    20180702_092035.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
The walleye trolling is just starting to pick up. We were out of Bruce today also and managed 16 eyes and 3 perch most of our fish were in 43-45’ and down around 30’. It was a spoon bite for us today Malibu Barbie was the ticket for us.

Try running a 5" senko on the worm harness, pumpkin with chartreuse tail seems to work. Doesn't attract as many bass and sheep and stays on better

No bugs I hear? Packing up the boat tonight and will be down about everyday for the next 2 weeks:)

Just keep fishing... You will figure it out. Lots of advice on here and I have searched youtube for help too. Lots of guys post great info on there. I trust my electronics and expect a hit when I see good markings. If nothing happens then I start switching lures, depth and speed. Seems to work for me...

No bugs I hear? Packing up the boat tonight and will be down about everyday for the next 2 weeks:)

After reading your other posts Matt I can't help it......this is FUNNY..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Good luck. Hope ya gets some.

Got to bruce around 7am.... spent 4 hours out and only got 2 eyes and 2 white fish. Fun time for 2 rookies trying to learn on the fly. Had one guy come up behind us and snagged my line. Had to snap it and lost a redfin:( then somehow my father-in-law managed to tangle my 5 color lead in the prop:( had to jump in the water to untangle it all.... got it all out but now I have a giant tangle to work on while watching some weekday TV.

We stayed in 35- 42 FOW and caught everything at about 20 feet deep. Firetiger color spoon and purple rippling redfin worked for us. Worm harnesses failed as worms kept going missing off the hook:( like I said still learning as we go!

Nice Silver Bass. Nicer walleye tho. :)

Tangled line.....how do u think most of us got out 3 ,4,5 colour or waky combinations ??? We have all been there

I was out with Horty Monday in same area as u .
We had hard time keeping 4 rods in the water we put other 2 in
All our fish we caught on worms

What speed were u going or how did u hook them ....might be reason for coming off ???
Or could it of been perch stealing them and u didn't notice the hits ?
He marked tons of bait up high and lots of fish around them...caught 5 perch trolling

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks