Port Bruce minnows

Goonie

Who's open and what times?

Who's open and what times?
Betty's opens at 6, and not before (they mean it) and closes at 8pm. Not sure about Honkers Haven (519-773-3007) or Rush Creek (226-785-2150) as I haven't had need to go to either yet this year but if memory is correct, both of those also open around 6am. If Betty's hasn't had (which she didn't yesterday) she might have some frozen ones. Last time I was at Betty's and they had it was $6/scoop. I've been told that Honkers Haven is $7.50/scoop and I don't know what Rush Creek is charging as nobody I know has been to Rush Creek yet that I'm aware of. If Betty's doesn't have, I usually either catch my own, or use salted ones if I have them.

Worst case scenario if none of the bait shops in Pt Bruce have any live minnows and you really want live minnows, you can always drive to Pt Burwell from Bruce, only takes about 20 minutes each way and go to either Big Otter Marina (519-874-4034) on the north side of the bridge or Pt Burwell Marina (226-970-3029) on the south side. I've been told that at least one of them is charging $8/scoop but wasn't told which one.

Last edited:
Appreciate all the info! Ended up leaving with 2 white fish and 1 perch. Other 7 were cats today. Still a great morning out.

Until next time.

Cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks