Port Bruce July 4, 2011

longman

After perch fishing with Stomp on Saturday, I was wondering if fishing for bows out of Port Bruce could possibly compete.

We got out to 51 feet and had the rods set at 7:59. The first bow hit at 8:09. By 8:20, I complained of boredom and the next fish hit at 8:21. I tried this statement throughout the morning, but that was the only time it was effective. After that we had one knockoff and three more bows. All five bows were between 6 and 10 pounds.

One of the bows had a hitchhiker, which we felt necessary to terminate.

North Erie Marina is a great place to launch in Port Bruce. Greg helped launch the Mickey Finn and then picked up Derek in a golf cart after he had parked. When we returned, he helped get the boat back on the trailer and we were ready to go home with our bounty.

Couple of the bows
LindaBows.jpg

Hitchhiker
Lamprey.jpg

DerekwithBows.jpg

OK, why the hell couldn't you do that with me aboard? Must be lady luck that you had with you! Nice going and great report! Thx!

Nice work on the fish out there and some beauty photo's to boot. I am a little jelous however. Seems every time I get down to that side of the point there are huge waves, never been lucky enough to hit a day that flat.
Thanks for the post

Fisher-Price

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks