Port Bruce - Friday June 14

BillO

Hi to all,
A buddy & I went out from Port Bruce (Greg - great new ramp!). Lines were wet by 7:2o am. Fished in various locations, various depths... quite slow. Got 2 jumbos out at 45 ft; they were the only 2 for us as the rest that we kept were between 8 and 11 inches. Just 20 keepers in just over 5 1/2 hours. Not too many gobies, fortunately!
One large smelt.
Water temps on the surface were 60 F or very close to that.
We heard that there had been storms through the area Thurs night. I'm guessing that it will be a couple of more days before the perch gather and come on strong again. The storms must have scattered them and sent them deep.
I hope those who went out today had better luck, and those who go tomorrow have even better luck.
BillO
London

Had about the same luck down there today. 30 keepers, 5 jumbos, 3 sheepshead and 3 gobies. Lake was FLAT from 7am till we left at noon, couldn't ask for a better day weather wise. Heard lots of chatter on the radio about pics and bows being caught out deep.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks