Off Topic Port Bruce Bridge Open!

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Started Christmas holidays today and took a drive down to Pt. Stanley and continued down Dexter Line to Pt. Bruce. I was shocked to see the main bridge now open. Apparently we had just missed a ribbon-cutting ceremony. Barriers are already up on the temporary bridge.
IMG_0560.jpg
View attachment IMG_0561.MOV
View attachment IMG_0562.MOV

Lake looked great.
20201218_135332.jpg

Last edited:
Were you brave enough to drive on it @stomp ?
Joking a side , great to see its done , will the new/ temporary boat ramp be left in use in the future? Would be great for the high volume months

Joking a side , great to see its done , will the new/ temporary boat ramp be left in use in the future? Would be great for the high volume months
Yes @Ticker, never gave it a thought until I crossed. I am carrying a couple of extra pandemic pounds... and had the little lady with me too, but she's light as a feather, of course!

That is good to see . I see they have plans to rebuild the big creek Long Point bridge I thought they would just have a barge ferry to get to the Point after enough of the existing bridge falls apart since they cannot just put up a dead end sign like the 1st concession and Bailys bridge

From what I heard, the temporary ramp goes when the bridge is repaired. Hopefully I am wrong since that ramp is much better

Thats awesome!! I agree with the ramps..Pt Bruce definitely needs to rethink and redesign ramp access and flow if they want to really be in the game with the other ports. Im literally 15 mins away, but I have been consistently making the extra drive to Glasgow or Erieau because of the larger boat Im running now. The ease of those ramps and parking is soooo much better.

Thats awesome!! I agree with the ramps..Pt Bruce definitely needs to rethink and redesign ramp access and flow if they want to really be in the game with the other ports. Im literally 15 mins away, but I have been consistently making the extra drive to Glasgow or Erieau because of the larger boat Im running now. The ease of those ramps and parking is soooo much better.
3 years ,,of construction or 30 days after opening of imperial rd ( hyw 73 ) new bridge which ever comes first ,,,
jan 16 2021 has to be gone according to elgin county staff lawyers ,,

The launch was constructed pursuant to a Letter of Authority, issued June 29, 2018, authorizing construction in accordance with approved plans and subsequent occupation of creek bed for up to a maximum of 3 years or 30 days after opening of the Imperial Road Bridge, whichever is earlier. Under the Letter of Authority, no annual fees are contemplated.

Last edited:
3 years ,,of construction or 30 days after opening of imperial rd ( hyw 73 ) new bridge which ever comes first ,,,
jan 16 2021 has to be gone according to elgin county staff lawyers ,,

The launch was constructed pursuant to a Letter of Authority, issued June 29, 2018, authorizing construction in accordance with approved plans and subsequent occupation of creek bed for up to a maximum of 3 years or 30 days after opening of the Imperial Road Bridge, whichever is earlier. Under the Letter of Authority, no annual fees are contemplated.
so the temp ramp is going to be gone? problem with the old ramp is the congestion to get in and out.. there is just no room. At least the temp ramp had lots of waiting room in the river. Unfortunately the dock and any place to tie to was very shaky at best..esp with a larger boat and or if you're alone

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks