Port Bruce Aug 11

Helmut

Mrs Helmut and I started out at 8am in 58 feet of water. Had boards out and dypsies in the water before I realized I did not load the extra rod holders so we could only run two rods. Ran the dypsies for 2 hours with no hits. Switched to the boards and the lead and the hits started to come right away.
Trolled around out to 68ft with all 10 colors out until 2pm. Managed 3 walleye,8silver bass 2 sheep. Lots of fun for the day.
Funny thing though, for some reason my releases were not releasing. Have no clue why never been an issue before.

Helmut, did you open up your releases and dip them in the water before attaching your line. That has always worked for me as sometimes they are too dry to release without wetting them.

We had a day like that with the releases not popping off.
It wasn't the releases I believe but just the fish swimming with the bait after hitting. You could see slight tugs on the release by looking at the boards line. Sure enough it had a walleye on it.

we've had piles of 'swimmers' this summer, in fact.......most

if I'm marking lots of fish and nothings happening i'll check my rods....more times than not there's an eye holding on.....

So you guys are saying walt is a lazy hitter? I've been out 4 times in the zone everything right for gear and depth and I could be missing hits? I have a dipsey rod and reel Okuma wonder if its sensitive enough? Man you sure know when a rainbow or silver hits...are the walleye deep say 65fow down 50? I am only running 40 ft deep in 70 ft.

These Walleye that are out there tipically come in to your baits ; have a look and see then either grab-it or swim away! If they hit it great.... But what happens is they actually swim with you and the boat and consequently the need for you to pop lines on dipseys or riggers lets say every 15-20 mins.! Hope this helps! Good luck and Boat safe!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks