Port Bruce - 7 May 2013

tex

I think I was the first guy out this morning out of North Erie Marina and Greg was great as always and the new ramp is fantastic.

Lake was perfect for fishing (thanks Big Dave for the push/ confirmation the night before).

6 hours fishing, depth 35ft, east of the peir, a few 13 inchers, a few 12 in, and a bunch of 10&11s, brought home 49 total. Took a while to find them but once on top of a school action was fast & furious. Eventually ran out of minnows and brought the last few in with a small spoon. Bite was super light. Majority of catch was keeper size but the gobies were nuts. Must have killed 20-30 or more easy.

IMG_3290.JPGIMG_3362.JPG

Nice fiishing!

My boat is set up and ready to go. We are launching at 8. Another gtreat looking day.:)

BD

I was at the pier on Tuesday catchin minnows. Not many perch up close yet still out at 30 - 35ft

Not sure about the peir @ Bruce Packrat, but if you are in for a bit of a drive the peir/channel down in Erieau is on! Lots of perch (nice size) being caught right now.

I also fished Bruce today, very slow 6 perch 1 gobi. I tried from 15' out to 40' east of the pier and the same west of the pier at the 3 trees. There was about 7 or 8 boats east of the pier most of the morning but I don't think anyone did that great.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks