Port Bruce 19th and a sad trip back in

live2fish

Well I found the North Erie marina like they had replied to in the post I did the other day. I will never go to burwell again after being at NEM, they got real washrooms, and a great team of guys that make launching and loading your boat great, its the first time ive been there and they were great. First time my friends and I have never had to wench our boat onto the trailer. Thank you north erie marina for running a great operation. The boats were in and out quick, no long waiting times at all.

Took my nephew and one of my friends fathers fishing for some walleye.
We fished 66fow and got 14 walleye, 2 silver bass and 2 farm animals, the riggers set at 40 and 42 with 100 foot leads got half the fish, used purples spoons, and when the sun came out I switched over to monkey puke and any other bronze color spoon I could find. 1 walleye was released cuz somehow it was actually hooked in the back not the mouth. Marked a lot of bait and fish in the area southwest of Bruce. Could have stayed out loger, but I knew I had to clean my nephews walleye plus mine.lol. My friends father got his limit and is always a blast to fish with. So he had a lot to clean as well. Couldnt buy a fish on the dipseys, even tried worm harnesses. 1o color core and the riggers were the ticket.

On the way back in, the unbelievable happened... I had a rigger fall of the boat :( a 1 yr old Cannon mag 10 STX, which I loved!! Great rigger, but now my friends father has me wondering.. did the knob somehow become lose (iam hoping) or did the hard plastic somehow get a hairline fracture on the bottom causing it to break and then slid forward out of the base and into the lake? Has anyone else had this kinda problem yet? Got me thinking of maybe switching over to Big John Brutes, or buying another STX and trying to make a latch to prevent the riggers from sliding out after I have slid them into the base.

P8190051.jpg

P8190059.jpg

P8190049.jpg

P8190043.jpg

P8190039.jpg

WTG guys good report

wasnt sure what I would read when I saw the title--tough luck on the equipment loss---that can be replaced easily ( I think)

put it behind you and just chalk it up to experience

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Your not alone. I lost a cannon 3 weeks ago on the way out. Looked back towards port and only counted 3 riggers and 3 rods.

I know the feeling.We lost a rigger last year. The only good thing was that the wife let me replace it with a electric ones:D.This year i rigged up some tether ropes for them . I check the hold down knobs regularly now ;)

nice report the bolts can come loose with vibration. try some wax in the thread to prevent this. if that was the problem

Endeavour to Persevere

hey scrimmy, were yours also STX 10's? I emailed cannon to suggest they make a locking latch of some sort after they are slid into the base.. I may drill a little hole through the base and rigger I have left and use a nylon locking nut to keep it on tight. Thanks for the other idea though tman, I may also do that as well. The good news is it wasnt my probe rigger.. or id be a little more p'd off. Scrimmy do you use the cannon inteli troll? the one with the depth, temp and speed?

No livtofish I use a depth raider. The cannons I use are 2 mag 10's on the outsides and 2 manual unitroll's with extendable arms on the inside stern. It was the port side manual that the lock vibrated off the base and the rigger vibrated forward until it came off and with the weight of the ball it just flew off the back along with a $300.00 rod and reel and taildancer.I was on my way out doing about 40 mph when I looked back and noticed it was gone. I have not had any problems with my electrics but I do check the tightening knob every trip out. My depth raider is on the starboard side electric.

Great report...sux to hear about your equipment loss. From the limited pictures it looks like you run a 1990 sylvan profisherman. I have the same rig...although a little more "experienced" than yours. They do catch fish8D.

The Dude Abides.

We have the cannon inteli troll on our boat . Its works okay on erie . On lake ontario it will lose signal at 80'. A wet rag on the anntenna will fix this . Have had it down over 120' with no problems .

My Depth raider will read over 200 feet down on Lake Ontario. I don't leave home without it.

Must be a Sylvan post as my new boat is a 2003 Sylvan 2300 offshore which burns less than half the fuel my Trophy does.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks