Fishing Report Port Bolster. Jan 27th

Brandon S

Managed to find some “safe” ice to venture out on with the quad and hut. The ice seemed like it was in great shape considering the warm days and all the rain. Atvs and sleds were ripping around every where out there. We set up approximately 2km out in 23fow and was sitting in 9” of black ice. There had to have been 150 huts set up around us once the fog lifted around noon.
Watched hundreds and hundreds of perch on the camera. Little green tungsten jig with a minnow and slab grabber with yellow bead tipped with a perch eye seemed to do the trick. Brought home 45 nice perch, probably caught well over 100 of them but were a little small so they got to live to see another day.
We packed up around 4pm and headed for shore to find the access was pretty much destroyed and melted from the little river flowing. There was a section 75ftx10ft of open water. Not sure how deep it was and I didn’t want my toes getting wet. Managed to sneak around the open water and run along the break wall on the east side of the access to get off.
IMG_0832.pngIMG_0833.jpegIMG_0834.jpegIMG_0835.jpeg

Good feed for "little bouys"... Last pic chills me... Maybe I'm getting old... 🤔

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks