Poll Question - Separate Forum for "General Discussion"?

Should we start a separate forum for "general" discussion to keep separate true fishing reports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
It's been suggested that the Fishing Reports section should only contain fishing reports. Now, personally, I never mind all the BS that accompanies the few reports that get posted this time of year. But, I see that it might annoy some, so I started a poll. If you could, please, kindly, take a minute to answer. Thanks!

This board has been basically the same format for years and has survived with only a couple of forums, very little BS (except for the last couple of days), no 'locked threads', and very few people being banned. There's not too many threads so it's easy to pick or choose what ones you want to read. If you don't like a thread, just ignore it. Everyone has seemed happy enough with the longstanding format for the most part but every now and then some newbs come along and want to change everything. I think you should leave things alone again Stomp and if the newbs don't like the forum the way it is, they are free to look at a different board or, better yet, take some of the BS to their own forum.

Oh by the way, fishing is slow. That could be why there's not too many reports in the 'fishing report' section right now.

Having a second section in the fishing report part of this forum would allow people to get Alerts on reports as they come in, and not general conversation of someones new "pissing match" . I personally would rather find information on my phone rather then trying to pick out what is an actual fishing report on my lap top. There is nothing wrong with change,....if it is for the better, And BTW who indicated a Newb started this

Oh by the way if the fishing is slow, then there will no report , If people want to converse about non related topics, there would be a place for that!!
;)

I voted who cares cause I thought nobody would care. If it helps change my who cares to no.
Clark

What's the point? :ROFLMAO:

Nonsense will happen no matter how many forums you have.

Put the "who cares" with the "no".

BD

What's the point? :ROFLMAO:

Nonsense will happen no matter how many forums you have.

Put the "who cares" with the "no".

BD

Agreed. Even when someone puts in a fishing report, there is nothing saying that comments won't take the string into the realm of BS, questions, etc.

I don't really see the need to have up to the minute, instant reports, unless people plan on rushing over and drilling holes/dropping anchor 10ft from the reporter and then getting some help baiting up when they get there. A fishing report is great to get a general idea of how the fishing is or has been, and if you are lucky, a general area of where the fish are active. The rest is up to the person fishing. I find it pretty simple to scan the subject lines of the forum to figure out what is, or is not, a fishing report. After that, it is pretty easy to read between the lines to get an idea if there is a lot or no activity - no reports, or only a few without many replies = slow fishing.

For me, figuring out where to be and how to present to catch fish is all part of the challenge, fun, and satisfaction of fishing. Getting skunked is better than working, sitting at home watching the tube or goofing around on the internet. The last thing I want to be doing is continuously consulting the internet while on the ice/water, in fact, I'm looking to a day of fishing, good or bad, as a break from all of that. If I was worried about efficiently spending time and money to get fish, I would be getting them from the grocery store or fish market. The forum is a great way to get an idea of what's happening when I haven't been able to get out for a while (which happens more that I would like), but most of the time, I'm looking for entertainment as much as I am general information, and I welcome the strings of BS.

In case there is any doubt, I voted no.

Does this mean we'll have to start advertising in the Classified Section? I sure hope not......because nobody reads the classifieds. Sooooooo can we have a New Forum for advertising as well...... please.........pretty please.........
480658_221676574643304_794050162_n_zps56655iws.jpg

Not quite sure if this is relative to the discussion........but you GOTTA like YODA!!!!

Last edited:
Agreed. Even when someone puts in a fishing report, there is nothing saying that comments won't take the string into the realm of BS, questions, etc.

I don't really see the need to have up to the minute, instant reports, unless people plan on rushing over and drilling holes/dropping anchor 10ft from the reporter and then getting some help baiting up when they get there. A fishing report is great to get a general idea of how the fishing is or has been, and if you are lucky, a general area of where the fish are active. The rest is up to the person fishing. I find it pretty simple to scan the subject lines of the forum to figure out what is, or is not, a fishing report. After that, it is pretty easy to read between the lines to get an idea if there is a lot or no activity - no reports, or only a few without many replies = slow fishing.

For me, figuring out where to be and how to present to catch fish is all part of the challenge, fun, and satisfaction of fishing. Getting skunked is better than working, sitting at home watching the tube or goofing around on the internet. The last thing I want to be doing is continuously consulting the internet while on the ice/water, in fact, I'm looking to a day of fishing, good or bad, as a break from all of that. If I was worried about efficiently spending time and money to get fish, I would be getting them from the grocery store or fish market. The forum is a great way to get an idea of what's happening when I haven't been able to get out for a while (which happens more that I would like), but most of the time, I'm looking for entertainment as much as I am general information, and I welcome the strings of BS.

In case there is any doubt, I voted no.
Dude , you have sent 6 messages on this board!!! how can you even comment on this topic?

Hey Outcast, I'm not here for a pissing match. In the interest of being constructive, I'm just offering another opinion on the topic. Sorry if that puts you on the defensive. I'm sure there are many who would like to see it split and many who want it left alone. The only pony I have in this race is how I would like to get and/or give information and entertainment at this forum.

As far as how I can comment, it looks like a lot of members here can turn that question around on both of us, considering that there are many that have been actively contributing for over a decade, and that have contributed several hundred times more than you or I. In that light, I think I have just as much (or as little, depending on how people see it) right to comment as you had to make the suggestion in the first place. Everyone has to start somewhere, I started 6 comments ago.

I admit, I followed the forum for many years before I signed up as a member a few years back. I have a lot of respect for the guys who have kept this forum interesting and full of content over the years, and I wish I had the time and opportunity to contribute more. That day will come again. I took my cue to contribute from Stomp putting up the poll asking members their opinions. Members can take mine or leave it, agree or disagree, or say who cares, and that's the point.

Boy must be cold and miserable up there.
If I get a bad day I will look into how to post some largemouth pictures and change my inf0 to show the proper way to hold a fish. I had a torn rotator cuff the day I held that fish up with one arm but he went back healthy and live despite the picture.

Lol I didn't start shit. I simply told a nosy prick to mind his business. Wardens are paid well they can do their jobs on their own

Its the time of year and its to cold outside so really wont get better fishing reports til spring in General discussion section.

I find it hard to believe that so few people care to respond to this poll. Over 700 views and only 10% of you have any kind of opinion, I guess there should be an "I don't give a shit " option !! Its FREE , one one will call you , there is no questionaire to do . (y)

Outcast.
There is a an" I don't give a shit option" . It was called "who cares". Same thing isn't it? I actualy selected it. That being said you answered your own question. No one gives a shit and that I hope let's you move on.

As an aside you may want to revisit your numbers. I have viewed this topic at least ten times. So the numer of views has nothing to do with how many have viewed it and that would skew your 10 percent claim since there is no way you or I can tell how many actually viewed this topic..

You attempted change and I respect that as change, good or bad is hard to come by. I hope you show the same respect to me as I believe no change required.

My best, Clark

"no change" from me
when I post a thread on my "fishing report" I normally try to put that in the name of my thread , then who ever wants to read it can and those that don't want to don't have to
but this is just my 2 cents

come on soft water !!

Back