Off Topic Pleasure Craft License Renewal

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I just renewed my Pleasure Craft License, is it supposed to cost 135 dollars??

Last edited:
They don't expire! Sorry to hear but that sounds like a new scam
Your Pleasure Craft Operators Card does not expire but your small vessels license expires every 10 years. One is for the operator and one is for the vessel but there's lots of confusion...

I believe they (Transport Canada) were going to start charging a fee(s) one to register and another to do with wreck recovery/clean up ? This applies to your boat(s) and has nothing to with your Operators card.

I believe they (Transport Canada) were going to start charging a fee(s) one to register and another to do with wreck recovery/clean up ? This applies to your boat(s) and has nothing to with your Operators card.
They are talking about implementing a $15 fee for licensing and renewals but it hasn't happened yet...

@G.Mech this is the confirmation I received. Says renewal of Licence?

Canadian Vessel Registry Center <registry@canadianvesselregistry.ca>​

7:49 AM (2 hours ago)
to me

Thank you for submitting your RENEW PLEASURE CRAFT LICENCE.

Your Confirmation Number is:

You can view your submission at any time by clicking the following link:

As a courtesy, we are providing you with a Letter of Process of Documentation. To view your letter please

Your application will be processed in the order in which it is received. Our guidance/advice is predicated only upon the information as submitted. If that information proves imprecise, incorrect, or changes materially, our guidance/advice may change. This email serves as confirmation for your order.

Your application is currently being processed, and once filed your application is then subject to Transport Canada’s processing queue. All processing times are approximate and are subject to change.

PLEASURE CRAFT LICENCE APPLICATIONS -
1-2 WEEKS

@G.Mech this is the confirmation I received. Says renewal of Licence?

Canadian Vessel Registry Center <registry@canadianvesselregistry.ca>​

7:49 AM (2 hours ago)
to me

Thank you for submitting your RENEW PLEASURE CRAFT LICENCE.

Your Confirmation Number is:

You can view your submission at any time by clicking the following link:

As a courtesy, we are providing you with a Letter of Process of Documentation. To view your letter please

Your application will be processed in the order in which it is received. Our guidance/advice is predicated only upon the information as submitted. If that information proves imprecise, incorrect, or changes materially, our guidance/advice may change. This email serves as confirmation for your order.

Your application is currently being processed, and once filed your application is then subject to Transport Canada’s processing queue. All processing times are approximate and are subject to change.

PLEASURE CRAFT LICENCE APPLICATIONS -
1-2 WEEKS
Oh boy, that looks like a third party site that charges you money to do something that is free if you go to the transport Canada website. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a scam because they will get you your license but they charge you for it. If you go to transport Canada, you can do it yourself for free. They dress it up to make it look like it's transport Canada but it is not... Bandits. It's too bad you got into this but it can be a learning experience for all the rest of us I guess.

So I will get my vessel licensed but it cost me money to do so...HAHAHAHAHA my luck ...

Wow talk about government stupidity that causes so much confusion! When I entered my vessel licence into the link I provided this is what I got.

Your licence is currently active.

Your licence does not have an expiry date.

If you choose to submit an application to update a PIP now, your licence will be valid for 10 years from the date of the update. Otherwise, it will be valid for 5 years when the new requirements come into force.

However, they provide no date whatsoever when it came into force so I looked it up and got the answer below. What 2010? It says on their site that the licence that was originally supposed to be good for life, now it's not but would still be good for 5 years after the new regs came into force before I have to renew it if I understand this correctly. That would mean 2015 so that means my licence has been expired for 9 years? So how come it says on their site: Your licence is currently active. Your licence does not have an expiry date. So which is it??????????????

Pleasure Craft Vessel Licence Renewal
This unique identifier, and associated contact data are maintained in Transport Canada's Pleasure Craft Licensing System. These regulations, which attached a 10 year renewal requirement to the license, came into force in April 2010. Prior to this boats were licensed but there was no expiry date.

Hey Wave Runner, I get the same answer...Currently Active. So now what?

If we were licensed before, we are good forever? Grandfathered?
Wow talk about government stupidity that causes so much confusion! When I entered my vessel licence into the link I provided this is what I got.

If you choose to submit an application to update a PIP now, your licence will be valid for 10 years from the date of the update. Otherwise, it will be valid for 5 years when the new requirements come into force.

However, they provide no date whatsoever when it came into force so I looked it up and got the answer below. What 2010? It says on their site that the licence that was originally supposed to be good for life, now it's not but would still be good for 5 years after the new regs came into force before I have to renew it if I understand this correctly. That would mean 2015 so that means my licence has been expired for 9 years? So how come it says on their site: Your licence is currently active. Your licence does not have an expiry date. So which is it??????????????

This unique identifier, and associated contact data are maintained in Transport Canada's Pleasure Craft Licensing System. These regulations, which attached a 10 year renewal requirement to the license, came into force in April 2010. Prior to this boats were licensed but there was no expiry date.

Hey Wave Runner, I get the same answer...Currently Active. So now what?

If we were licensed before, we are good forever? Grandfathered?
Yeah that's the real question.
This link from the OFAH is at least a little clearer but it says it was purposed so my question is did it ever actually happen or not? 🤷‍♂️

What he said, call your card company, tell ‘em you got duped. It’s worth a shot for the chargeback. Those scamsters suck!

Scammers are targeting everything online.
Everything that is a free service is a target.
Pretty soon they will try and get you to pay to log into this website .
The scam changes every day.

Does the number on the bow of your boat start with an E and have you owned the boat for many, many years?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks