Fishing Report Playin with the sheephead today.

Trevor M

Against my better judgement today (reality is I just didn't wanna do stuff around the house today;)) I dropped my wife off this morning and made my way to the pier to play with the sheephead in the slightly bumpier than I expected it to be, lake. Got there at 6:30am ish, line in shortly thereafter, after a friend who was already there gave me enough live minnows to start the day. Put the minnow net together and started sorting the smelt out of the net until I had enough emeralds to do the job (more than enough today in about 6 scoops, even gave some to others on the pier.)

@Hooked on Ice was there with his daughter and a friend so we shot the breeze for a bit, and of course the obligatory "ribbing" that goes on. Was nice to see you (fishing this time) again.

How'd I do? Let's just say it was better than doing what I didn't feel like doing around the house today :ROFLMAO:

I caught a nice 12" yellow that had 2 of my 3 hooks in it's yap, and both were in there deep. Thought at first it was a sheephead the way it started to fight, even swore at it, until I saw it, THEN I was happy. 😁

Also managed to hook into 4 sheephead today. That's it, that's all today. Called it a day around 2:30pm so I could clean what was coming home and take a package out of the freezer to go with it before I have to pick my wife up at 5.

What came home today?
2 Yellows (the 12" I caught and a 10" that was given to me. They'll both be part of supper tonight. Not going to waste a vac seal bag on 2 fish when I can just as easily eat'em instead.)
3 White Perch (all given to me. I cleaned them and gave them to one of my neighbors right away. He's going to have them for supper tonight)

IF the boss lady says we aren't doing anything and says those magic words, I'm hoping to be on the pier Friday, but that'll depend on what she wants to do.

Last edited:
Fridays weather report at least looks more promising. Good luck and let us know!
Yeah I knew today was going to be "iffy" at best and that tomorrow looked "better," but I didn't wanna do today, what I'll be doing tomorrow, so I went fishing today instead. Still had fun despite not having the same success I've been having. As I said before, I was due to have a "less than stellar" kind of day, and maybe today was that day.

I also knew Friday, at least right now, looks FANTASTIC, as does Saturday but I have prior family commitments on Saturday, and I rarely if ever go on a Saturday anyways so I'm not worried about missing a chance on Saturday. Here's hoping what they say is going to be on Friday, IS what I find when I get there Friday morning.

Piss of Trevor 😜 👍.

Glad to see you pickin em up…. I can’t seem to get my ass out due to work. Yes. I’m angry
SOOOOOOO, leave your ass at work, and get the rest of you out fishin.......:wacky: (You gotta have some time off coming eventually👍Here's hopin mother nature cooperates when you do)

:unsure: BTW, You're not angry. You're jealous.🤪 Especially if you're telling me to "piss off" when I caught far less today than I have any other day and even more so when you consider that I caught more sheephead than I did anything else today.:ROFLMAO:

SOOOOOOO, leave your ass at work, and get the rest of you out fishin.......:wacky:

:unsure: BTW, You're not angry. You're jealous.🤪 Especially if you're telling me to "piss off" when I caught far less today than I have any other day and even more so when you consider that I caught more sheephead than I did anything else today.:ROFLMAO:
Piss off Trevor/Neuman

Attachments

• C6A2B99C-6D51-45E8-BE82-D2175D74344F.gif
    C6A2B99C-6D51-45E8-BE82-D2175D74344F.gif
    494.1 KB · Views: 0
Tomorrow looks good for lake O. Today looked good for lake o. Work today and golf tournament tomorrow and Thursday. And I hate industry golf stuff…

I can’t win, Neuman….

Tomorrow looks good for lake O. Today looked good for lake o. Work today and golf tournament tomorrow and Thursday. And I hate industry golf stuff…

I can’t win, Neuman….
You would if I played golf, which I don't and never will. It's one of those hobbies that some believe to be a sport that I just never took an interest in. Kinda like soccer, tennis, and watching people drive cars REALLY fast in a circle always turning to the left. Just can't get into any of those anymore than I can watching basketball or cricket.

Hockey, baseball, football (both CFL and NFL) professional boxing, I can watch that, even used to play some of those sports when I was younger and healthier, but when it comes to golf, nope....can't get into it and don't consider it a sport since if you don't "make the cut," you don't get paid, therefore it ain't a professional sport, it's a professional hobby or as someone once said to me, "an absurd and glorified game of fetch without the dog. You hit it, then you go get it." :ROFLMAO:

I can’t win, Neuman….
Could be worse tho, you could be doing all this stuff around the house that I'll be doing for the next couple days before I head back to the pier on Friday morning. I didn't wanna do that stuff today, (so I didn't) but I'll have to get it done over the next couple days. Not looking forward to some of the yard work I need to get done in the forecasted heat tomorrow.

So are you thinking maybe he should change his name to the FlyingGrouch then? Lol
No. It's all good. We're both having fun with it and we're entertaining others in the process.

Besides, I'm NOT changing my name because I remind him of someone from a tv show I NEVER watched, so he doesn't have to change his for one that most of us probably watched as very young children. I'll just call him "OSCAR" when I respond to him from now on :ROFLMAO:

Piss of Trevor 😜 👍.
DAMN!!! I bet we ALL read that as "PISS OFF" but it ain't :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was just rereading through this thread and noticed that typo. :unsure:You planning on making some kind of new soup "OSCAR?" :wacky:

Remind me not to be the guinea pig you ask to taste it ok? :yuck:🤮;)🤣

Back