Fishing Report Pike - Inner Bay - Wednesday, May 1st

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Headed out with Albert and one of my grandsons leaving Simcoe at 9:00 am. By 10:00 am we had 6 keepers 2.5 to 4 pounds and released one that was too big to keep. We continued "catch and release fishing" for another 2 hours landing several more pike and a few SM Bass. One of the hazards of catch/release fishing is getting a bleeder. The live-well works great this time of year making a quick exchange easy. Added a photo of my grandson with a pike that we released. The weather was great. The air temp was comfortable with a light breeze. It was mostly sunny and the water temp was 56-57 F. Very quiet at the TP Marina.....only a single vehicle in the parking area when we launched and only a few more when we returned.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 151
Did you venture out to bluffs bar or stay closer to the inner bay bud ....nice early season bragging rights ....nice job ...

Nice fishing Arnie. Glad to see you Albert and your grandson get into those Erie Pike! Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Glad you got out Arnie. I know you like that Pike chasing and that's a BEAST you got and released. Nice fish. It is also fitting that you hit a beauty day weather wise. (y) 👍👍

Back