Fishing Report Pike - Inner Bay - Friday, May 6th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Albert, Canvasback and I decided to focus on the Inner Bay today. The pike fishing was tough when we started at about 9:30 am but they were more active by 1:00 pm when we decided to call it a day. The weather was awesome and water temperatures ranged from 54 to 56 F. We ended up landing 6 pike between 3.5 and probably 7 pounds and unfortunately lots of SM bass up to about 5 pounds. John also had a nice little muskie up to the boat 3 times before it spit the hook. I'm guessing 6 pounds. Albert and I were tossing spoons while John concentrated on his swim bait. John caught most of the bass and Albert and I each caught 3 pike.

With the weather as nice as it was yesterday, I took time off the cottage Reno and went out for some fun fishing in the afternoon. Casting and trolling in the channel with no success except one follower. Went over to the LP Company did some casting and managed to land a 2-3 lb pike only.
The water clarity is still murky but it's improving from last weekend.

With the weather as nice as it was yesterday, I took time off the cottage Reno and went out for some fun fishing in the afternoon. Casting and trolling in the channel with no success except one follower. Went over to the LP Company did some casting and managed to land a 2-3 lb pike only.
The water clarity is still murky but it's improving from last weekend.
Hi Jim, yes it was a beauty yesterday and this morning looks even better. Personally I had a lot of followers and we also struggled with the water clarity. That being said the opportunities just kept improving as the day progressed therefore I'm guessing that the fish were becoming more active as water temperatures increased. We also saw 2 other boats catch and release pike when we were preparing to quit.

After releasing the Musky beside you I managed to catch a 3 lb. pike for supper. Water clarity was a problem. I avoided disturbing the bass by using a spoon to lure the pike. It was nice chatting with you and the crew.

sorry I didn't reconise you to say Hi Arnold thought it might be you but wasn't sure so kept quiet I also had a good day on pike and a coule really large smallmouth the biggest pike would have maybe been 4 pounds I was in the red lund with the choc. lab great day

My son and I tried the inner Bay today. All trolling as he's a bit new to casting. Lost one pike at the boat. Couldn't keep the bass off the line so we called it quits.

Most of the pike have been getting caught off millionaires? I was out on Thursday, the bay was real murky but I didn't make it over to millionaires to see if the water was more clear.

I am heading out tomorrow afternoon and will check it out, but just looking for a heads up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks