Pike - Inner Bay & Bluff Bar - Tuesday, May 5th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
It was sunny and calm in Simcoe this morning therefore Albert and I decided to head out. When we got to the Turkey Point Marina it had clouded over but still looked fine. We fished the Inner Bay first but aside from a SM Bass and one small pike we only had followers. After a half hour we headed up to Bluff Bar. There wasn't another boat to be seen but the fishing was outstanding. We lost count but we exceeded 30 pike and Albert also caught a small musky in about 2 and a half hours of effort fishing jigs. A light rain started a little after 12 noon so we packed it in. I got a photo of Albert and his baby musky but I was in a hurry to button up the boat and will have to retrieve the camera later. No huge pike and a few real babies today. Estimate the biggest was 6-1/2 pounds with most in the 3-5 pound range.

Last edited:
your the man arnie and I am jealous I fished today out from Crystal Beach and the perchin was very good after 2 hours of searching lots of 9-10 inchers and a couple real jumbos, good to hear your still getting them I hope to get out there later this week Dave

Great work! I always look forward to your reports. Do you jig the twister tail or slowly reel it in?

Great work! I always look forward to your reports. Do you jig the twister tail or slowly reel it in?
Zeeter, we jig the twister tail. Sometimes slowly reeling it works, but not often.

Way 2 go,Arn & Albert.....I was out with a friend (Red Fisher) & brought home 29 frum the inner bay....

Duck Soup I was out the 5th also in the bay and caught 10 in just under 2 hours started at 1:30 then a cloud came in from the South so I headed in.

Duck Soup I was out the 5th also in the bay and caught 10 in just under 2 hours started at 1:30 then a cloud came in from the South so I headed in.
Hi Pete, it started raining at 12:15 at Bluff Bar but we eventually drove out of it and I was able to get the boat covered and stuff put away before it started again. Happy to hear they were biting in the Bay. I figured we were attracting recently caught and released fish when we were there because while we saw lots, they were looking and not taking. We did see one that was over 40" but she wasn't in the mood. I still haven't landed one beyond 14 pounds and change here in LPB but I doubt she was any better.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks