Pike Fishing Tips

Schenley

Looking for some advice on trolling/casting for pike in the bay or out at bluff bar. Taking a good buddy from BC out on Monday and he wants to target pike specifically. Any tips or advice on what works this time of year would be much appreciated. Thanks!

th_Pike.jpg

Schenley

Most of the pike trolling at bluffs have come off of Williams Wobblers. Gold seems to work better then silver for me. When casting I've had the most luck fishing near the bar with a white spinnerbait... add a white mister twister as a trailer to enhance the bait.

In the bay I've gotten some good pike off the Mepps Marabou and the white/chartreuse spinnerbait has also been productive.

Got into some decent pike on the weekend, hopefully you have some luck!

The Kid

I agree with slicks recommendations. I very often use a plain white 4 or 6 inch Mr Twister with a jig but if you're comfortable with a spinner bait it's a proven combo. Go 3 or 4 inch with spinner bait. White/chartreuse is good and I also prefer a single blade. In line spinners and William Wobblers have always been pike favourites everywhere I've fished and Long Point Bay is no exception.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks