Fishing Report Pike - Bluff Bar - Tuesday, May 17th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I fished Bluff Bar today with Albert. A last minute decision to go. The weather wasn't great but I guess the fish haven't been harassed for a while because they were pretty eager to bite. We lost count on the pike but we got a photo of the only one that was over 4 pounds. The SM Bass were pretty active and I also landed my biggest keeper perch for 2016. Finally got one that weighed a pound and was spawned out. The weather was partly overcast, cool with a 10 knot NE breeze and water temperatures at the Bar ranged from 53 to 54 degrees F.

Hi Ducksoup...Nice going...I have been wanting to go after some Pike for awhile now....and was wondering what side of the bar you fished ..Thinking of going out to-morrow...any info would be appreciated. Thanks...Larry

Hi Ducksoup...Nice going...I have been wanting to go after some Pike for awhile now....and was wondering what side of the bar you fished ..Thinking of going out to-morrow...any info would be appreciated. Thanks...Larry
We fished inside the sandbar that is marked by the buoy. We used an electric trolling motor that we put on anchor mode any time we got bites and we tossed 100% jigs. The distribution of feeding fish was difficult to pattern because the water was equally cold everywhere and the only consistent strategy was a slow and subtle presentation. I had my wife out last Thursday and she couldn't catch anything simply because she couldn't feel them bite.

AlbertMay17_16_zpszebyoapv.jpg

Nice pike and ya just gota love Albert's smile!
Good going guys!
Thanks for posting.

Dan.

We fished inside the sandbar that is marked by the buoy. We used an electric trolling motor that we put on anchor mode any time we got bites and we tossed 100% jigs. The distribution of feeding fish was difficult to pattern because the water was equally cold everywhere and the only consistent strategy was a slow and subtle presentation. I had my wife out last Thursday and she couldn't catch anything simply because she couldn't feel them bite.
Thanks very much Duck...That gets me headed in the right direction...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks