Pike - Bluff Bar - Saturday, May 7th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Sunny with light winds....just perfect. We were not involved with the SLA Tournament, just fishing for fun. Unfortunately I forgot my camera and caught the biggest SM Bass ever. I guess it's not legal so it doesn't count but I figure it was over 6 pounds...looked more like a carp.
With respect to pike we caught 11. Most around 3 pounds and one at 6 plus. 5 hours x 3 anglers/rods. The water temp ranged from 46-53 degrees and the pike were scattered. We caught them all on jigs but we aften saw trollers using their landing nets therefore trolling also had potential.

andrewm

Hey - good going Duck!

Wasn't by chance you guys my son and I were chatting with eary afternoon, was it? There were 3 fellows in the boat, fishing with jigs. We were the ones with a 5-year old at the helm (ie: operating the trolling motor....).

Anyway, if it was - we ended up catching a fairly monster smallie soon after we parted ways.

Duck Soup

Yeah andrewm....I think your son will very likely grow up to be quite a proficient angler. He looked pretty comfortable handling a boat,rod and reel at the tender age of 5. It's too bad the fish were not more aggressive.
quote:
Originally posted by andrewm

Hey - good going Duck!

Wasn't by chance you guys my son and I were chatting with eary afternoon, was it? There were 3 fellows in the boat, fishing with jigs. We were the ones with a 5-year old at the helm (ie: operating the trolling motor....).

Anyway, if it was - we ended up catching a fairly monster smallie soon after we parted ways.

SRT8

Hey Duck that was us out there we were in the tourney sounds like the inner fished better more big one came from the north channel.

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Gloveand Live Eye Jigs for their support

Duck Soup

If you were the team in the black Lund you seemed to be doing OK. If your fishing a tournament where is a real tough call.
quote:
Originally posted by SRT8

Hey Duck that was us out there we were in the tourney sounds like the inner fished better more big one came from the north channel.

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Gloveand Live Eye Jigs for their support

SRT8

We boated a couple but they only weighed 6.90 lbs together but its better than a 0 can't wait for this weekends tourney.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks