Fishing Report Pike - Bluff Bar - Monday, April 22nd

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Albert, Canvasback and I kicked off the 2019 soft water season with the traditional effort for Pike. The weather conditions were beautiful and we spent 5 hours doing our best to catch a few. Water surface temps ranged from 44 to 47 F. and LPB pike normally don't cooperate when temps are that low. True to form they were not very active and we struggled. I had two hits in 5 hours using jigs and landed one large SM Bass. Albert had three hits on jigs and landed two nice pike between 4 and 5 pounds. John did the best by far using dead bait and a quick-strike rig. I have no idea how many chances he had but I can tell you that he lost 7 hooked pike. So much for his do-it-yourself quick strike rigs. He'll be over to see Jimmy Carroll or off to Woodstock before his next outing. We didn't take any photos today.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks