Fishing Report Pike - Bluff Bar - Friday, September 15th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Albert and I tried Bluff Bar for Pike this morning. Have not fished the Bar since spring and the weather today was about as good as it gets. We fished two rods for just under four hours and caught 6 northerns and one gar pike. Thankfully we didn't have to unhook the Gar because it released itself while I was considering my alternatives. It was definitely the biggest we've ever hooked and it was on one of those 7" Rapalas with three sets of trebles. I figured if it got in my landing net the rubberized mesh might help but not enough to avoid a big mess. Anyway the problem solved itself. We also got 6 pike from 3 1/2 to 9 pounds and released the four that were too big to keep. All on spoons and Rapalas, we didn't jig today.

Hey Arnie, glad to see you guys also got out on the water to enjoy this beautiful fall day.

@Duck Soup you picked a great day to make your first fall pike day. That surprises me Arn that you caught that gar on a F18 Rapala but then again I hauled in a 10-12lb channel cat out there trolling those Rapala's. @stomp is joining me tomorrow for some pre-tournament Pike catching.
Hope you, Albert and canvasback show up for the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic.

Hi Arnie! Caught 5 lost 2! Biggest 6Lbs. 5oz. Attached photo of a little guy with a big appetite!

Attachments

• DSCN3102.JPG
    DSCN3102.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 64
@Duck Soup you picked a great day to make your first fall pike day. That surprises me Arn that you caught that gar on a F18 Rapala but then again I hauled in a 10-12lb channel cat out there trolling those Rapala's. @stomp is joining me tomorrow for some pre-tournament Pike catching.
Hope you, Albert and canvasback show up for the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic.
Yeah Jim, nobody was more surprised than me. Albert said he had a real nice pike on and that it was, but with a long beak. It's the first we ever hooked with an F18 but Albert has caught Gar on smaller Rapalas before. The size of the Gar corresponded to the difference in the size of the Rapala. I've seen bigger Gar before but never hooked on one of our lines.
With respect to fishing the Tournament, we're too old for that stuff. I couldn't believe it last year when Canvasback and Fritz Beck entered and won. Fritz is in pretty good shape but the rest of us would struggle to stay alert long enough to make the weigh-in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks