Fishing Report Pike - Bluff Bar - Friday, May 26th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Beautiful weather, light winds, sunny and warm, but tough fishing. Albert and I tossed our jigs for the better part of three hours and landed 2 four pound pike. The worst part was that we only lost two others. The SM Bass were fairly active on the inside weed line but harassing spawning bass wasn't what we were there for.
There were about a half dozen boats fishing the bar when we arrived at around 10:00 am. Half targeting pike and the others after perch. We talked to two perch fishers and they had 3 and 6 keeper perch, therefore not great. We saw one pike angler releasing a fish and others we talked to were not doing much. Water temps ranged from 57 to 59 F. The pike we caught were in 14 and 17 FOW in two areas void of any significant vegetation or structure.

@Duck Soup I think the water is still a tad cold yet Arnie . Thoughts? I put the boat in at Burwell for the season Friday and the water temp in the channel was 62 degrees. Catfishers will luv that ....lol

Beautiful weather, light winds, sunny and warm, but tough fishing. Albert and I tossed our jigs for the better part of three hours and landed 2 four pound pike. The worst part was that we only lost two others. The SM Bass were fairly active on the inside weed line but harassing spawning bass wasn't what we were there for.
There were about a half dozen boats fishing the bar when we arrived at around 10:00 am. Half targeting pike and the others after perch. We talked to two perch fishers and they had 3 and 6 keeper perch, therefore not great. We saw one pike angler releasing a fish and others we talked to were not doing much. Water temps ranged from 57 to 59 F. The pike we caught were in 14 and 17 FOW in two areas void of any significant vegetation or structure.
I was also at bluffs on Friday it was very slow but caught a 36 and 30 inch pike tried perch fishing gave up early.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks