pier perch

shorefisher

Anyone here of, or been out fishing in dover, burwell, rowan, bruce, port maitland? Wondering if the perch have come into the piers yet. Gotta get me some eats :D.

they have been getting some perch off the pier but not the big numbers yet most females are just about done spawning so im thinking as soon as the water warms up, but a few perch are nice to have giver a try.

will hunt for food

By the sounds of the report from Port Bruce, they are starting to come in. It won't be long now. In the mean time you should catch a ride with two fellas heading for Goderich this weekend!! LOL

Fins

Things are slowly starting to pick up at Dover. The end of the pier seems to be producing well. It'll be better in the next week or so and into the first week of June.

was in Dover for a perch dinner and just HAD to take a look--

nobody there and this was around 6ish--would have been a tough go with the wind

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

I was there from 12 to 3 and had a couple double headers. Bite was light, hard to feel sometimes. Some guy fishing in front of the shed at the end of the pier was nailing them, he had a bucket full and he caught a large pike as well. It will only get better from now, I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by LadyInRed

I was there from 12 to 3 and had a couple double headers. Bite was light, hard to feel sometimes. Some guy fishing in front of the shed at the end of the pier was nailing them, he had a bucket full and he caught a large pike as well. It will only get better from now, I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow.

thank you so much for that particular piece of good news---look forward to any info you have to pass on xoxoxo

Alright. Thanks alot guys and gals, i am Going to head down today for the evening bite. I Will report when I get back this evening. And post pics as well.

Well went out today for a few hours. Couple dinks , nothing to write home about. Hoping next weekend will be better.

Well I gotta say, this season off the pier has sucked. This time last year the pier had people lined up on both sides and if you spent the day you could limit out. I spent the day yesterday and maybe caught a dozen or so and they were all so small I had to throw most of them back. I only kept the ones that were gut hooked, enough for a snack. I don't know if the warm winter made them spawn early or what it is that's keeping them in the deep water. By all accounts, they are holding in anywhere from 14 to 40 FOW.

If you are interested in carp fishing there were some huge ones on the west side of the pier yesterday, along with a large smallmouth with a bad case of Ich, some sheepies and and some white suckers. No shortage of coarse fish LOL.
Maybe I'll try for some bass there next month.8D

I fished out of burwell yesterday, 2 man limit in just under 3 hours. This was my first time out and I thought it was going to be a great season

We just got back from a Friday afternoon drive to Dover and were surprised to have met only one fisherman on the pier. He had 2 nice perch but the bite was light and the wind and waves strong. Maybe tomorrow with much lighter winds.

quote:
Originally posted by fishbone2

We just got back from a Friday afternoon drive to Dover and were surprised to have met only one fisherman on the pier. He had 2 nice perch but the bite was light and the wind and waves strong. Maybe tomorrow with much lighter winds.

that in itself is amazing?? "usually" when you get strong winds and waves that place can rock

I usually don't fish the pier on the weekends anymore. Too much boat traffic and too many people who want to chat. Apparently a woman fishing alone is a tourist trap :D

quote:
Originally posted by LadyInRed

I usually don't fish the pier on the weekends anymore. Too much boat traffic and too many people who want to chat. Apparently a woman fishing alone is a tourist trap :D

anyone with a fishing rod in their hand is a tourist trap:p

Went out to port Bruce for a few hours Saturday. Fished off the pier channel side just past the break wall. Caught about 8 perch and 6 silvers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks