Person missing off Erieau

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed over to a bigger deep hull just for this reason. My Trophys gunnels come up to the top of my thigh and Im 6'. I loved my Lund Alaskan but the gunnels only came 1/2 way to my knee. Im getting too old to crawl around on the floor...or go overboard which was close a couple times.
I wear an inflatable belt vest all the time, and a regular vest if its at all rough-ish.

I changed over to a bigger deep hull just for this reason. My Trophys gunnels come up to the top of my thigh and Im 6'. I loved my Lund Alaskan but the gunnels only came 1/2 way to my knee. Im getting too old to crawl around on the floor...or go overboard which was close a couple times.
I wear an inflatable belt vest all the time, and a regular vest if its at all rough-ish.

Mine go up to my knee. Maybe slightly below…
My only regrets for getting the 18ft model vrs the 20ft model just didn’t want to spend another 5-6k just for the 2 extra feet lol 🤔

But I did notice it was that much deeper which would of been perfect 👍

If you get or have an inflatable don't leave it on the boat or the humidity can set them off, have had it happen twice and expensive and a pita to get recharging kit. I make sure to have necessary number of regular pfd's in the boat to cover the legal/common sense obligation, but will wear an inflatable when fishing alone or with the kids especially when rough. P.s. just because you have an inflatable in the boat doesn't mean you have to wear it as long as you have another standard jacket available. Example you stop for a swim and take off your inflatable and the boat cops show up, you are in compliance if you have enough standard jackets on board. If you don't have enough standard life jackets then you could. It's pretty straightforward. If it got really bad out I'd ditch the inflatable and don a standard jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks