Person missing off Erieau

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a rough season on Erie for sure.
I hope this person has a life jacket..

today we wore our life jackets the whole time we were out. 🥵

Definitely need to invest in auto inflatable life jackets tho

It’s been a rough season on Erie for sure.
I hope this person has a life jacket..

today we wore our life jackets the whole time we were out. 🥵

Definitely need to invest in auto inflatable life jackets tho
Agreed. Figure it would be on at all time not just when it gets rough. Hard to spin a boat heavily engaged with riggers,boards, maybe dipsys.

An auto inflate is the way to go just make sure pull cord does not get caught when storing them. Had one go off and make sure your model of inflateable has commom CO cartridges available. I bought one years ago and have not been able to source cartridges. Netting fish, pissing, balancing and manouevering in rough water can be dangerous. It doesnt matter how good of a swimmer you are by the time boat swings around panic can get you. All passengers are to wear life jacket on my boat. Best is to make sure others on boat know how to operate your boat in case of someone goes overboard. I never boat alone as per my wife. Make sure there is a whistle on your jacket according to an OPP boat that stopped me out of Bruce. I have seen body bags dragging behind OPP boats and group chains walking the beach. I was ther the day a family went out of Glasgow in an overloaded aluminum boat and they never came back. I dont post much but getting to comfortable in a boat without a life jacket is letting your guard down. Don't be influenced by peer pressure because its not cool to wear life jacket. Watch haulover inlet on youtube. Some Boats in trouble and everyone is looking for a life jacket. Dont let that be you. If you can predict it you can prevent it. Just some tidbits from my travels over the past 40 years on big water. Alot of new water lovers during the pandemic. Can be the reason more seem to go missing.

Just remember to tuck in your string on inflatable vest.A buddy wore one and got the string caught on something and it inflated in the boat.

Screw the grear throw it in neutral or reverse depending on wave direction. My whole spread could be a macrame owl as long the person overboard gets back in my boat .
I tell the people I fish with on my boat..
scissors are right there
If anyone goes overboard lines are to be cut
F*ck the dipsys and spoons that stuff can be replaced

The sooner it’s mandated to wear a PFD while under power the better. My wife and I have our manuals on every minute we’re on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks