Perching from kayaks!

Jwalsh

Tried something new on Sunday for Father's Day. My younger bro is a guide for a new company called Baer kayak fishing who is in partnership with longpoint Eco adventures. The weather forecast was perfect for the west side of the point so we left Hastings drive around 8am and headed out to the perch grounds, the kayaks are big water style, very stable and are propelled by foot pedals and rudder (paddles are a option to). It took about 25mins to get to 40' and the perching began, fished till around noon and filled our tickets! It was a awesome experience and I highly recommend, they also do tours on the inner bay and grand river.A couple photos from the day.....image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg now it's 4 days of work then back on the boat for the 444 walleye tourney!

Last edited:
@Jwalsh... do you realize what this report might do to @WhatsthePoint ?:eek: He was ready to write his MPP about guys like you !:LOL: Thank God you all had lifejackets on!

Was it harder coming in weighted down with all those fish?

I'm buying a Kayak this week. OK, the things that go on the opposite side of bolts have been justly busted @stomp. Including the head buster here at home. I give.

@Jwalsh... do you realize what this report might do to @WhatsthePoint ?:eek: He was ready to write his MPP about guys like you !:LOL: Thank God you all had lifejackets on!

Was it harder coming in weighted down with all those fish?

haha I didn't notice any difference, these aren't your regular kayaks, i think they can support upwards of 600lbs and i'm a very light 220 :), if you want more info on these kayaks go to http://advguide.com or http://www.norfolktourism.ca/baer-kayak-fishing/ or you can also go to longpoint eco adventures website.

Last edited:
Looks like a blast Jwalsh, my younger bro has a kayak he fishes out of and it looks real fun.

I know they have rod holders now. Do any come with bottle rockets that will hold a bottle of Smirnoff?

That is a very, very sad story. I'm sorry for everyone's that he knews loss. He sounds like my kind of guy and we shared a mining background. Our division at the plant fell under the Occupational Health and Safety Act for Mines and Mining Plants. We would have had much to talk about. Just today I was criticized for " preaching " safety. Safety is something I did as part of my job. It was the most important thing we did. I have found that there are 2 distinct groups that suffer the most critical injuries up to and including death due to not heeding the safety aspects of what they do. The most novice because they don't have the experience and the most experienced. Sometimes the most experienced think they know when they can do something they shouldn't and I can't even start to explain it on an internet thread. I co wrote a paper that was presented at several Universities and Colleges as well as other venues here in Canada and the US in the 90's explaining that exact thing amongst others.

I've lost to many realtives, friends and co workers over these 60 years because something was done that never should have been. We lost a very good person because he simply didn't lock out a piece of equipment and took 2200 volts. If anyone should know the importance of a lockout one would have thought he would, he was a very good Electrician as well as an Electrical Foreman. It was never determined definitively why this happened. I had to testify in court and I wish that on no one would need to ever do that. If anyone has the horror of seeing the aftermath of that and the smell of a human after 2200 volts they would be preaching safe practices as well. I'll just keep preaching, if that's what I do, regardless if a faceless person on a Fishing forum doesn't like it.

Those Hobies are nice, just wish they were in the budget :( TC
Here you go @trky chsr, Make your own....
10447666_720794644633152_7007231233894539084_n_zps5331cd6a.jpg

A bar fridge, big screen and BBQ and you never need to leave the water. That would be a cabin cruiser. Kayaks are much better on fuel.

No that's not JT, no designer shades.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks