Perch

Thinking of going to Burwell tomorrow morning (weather pending). Any one been out recently? Is it worth it?

I have not been out of Pt Burwell this year and last weekend Pt Bruce was dead for perch, but it is always worth it (weather permitting of course)!:cool::rolleyes: Getting out fishing and catching nothing is still better than not getting out and watching fishing on tv saying, man i should have gone........;)

Fished Pt.Bruce yesterday..25ft, 30 ft, 37ft, 40ft..east, west, in the pack, by ourselves...very slow. A few here and there, some size but no numbers.

...except for the gobies which were big and plentiful. At least the gulls got a good feed...

I had similar experience on Monday
Wished I had tried 50+ fow..
Have a hunch that's where they were

...or in real close...we were marking a LOT of fish in the 30' range but not biting. We did well last week in 32'...big fish..

Maybe its due to water temperature. Last week at the pottohawk party some people that jumped in the water had mild hypothermia heard on London news.Strange year because perch fishing should be better out of Bruce.

strange year indeed----even the perchin in my "backyard" has been in the toilet(n)

places we fish and do well just haven't produced at all

I thought it was just me losing it as I have never had 3 out of 4 trips like this year for lousy perch fishing. I'm marking tons of perch but same problem, not very many takers. I can't understand it and I don't remember a start to the year like this one. Let's hope things change real fast as we're in the third week of July already. :confused:

I thought it was just me losing it as I have never had 3 out of 4 trips like this year for lousy perch fishing. I'm marking tons of perch but same problem, not very many takers. I can't understand it and I don't remember a start to the year like this one. Let's hope things change real fast as we're in the third week of July already. :confused:

four trips to the backyard=ONE perch

two trips to Bruce pier=SIX perch (kept)

and I've got FIVE starving kids at home:ROFLMAO:---used to have SIX (but that's another story:D:p)

good thing got a bunch with HORTY

not looking good for the annual fish fry:whistle:

To answer Bigfishboy's original question; "Yes" it is still worth fishing out of Burwell for perch. head east to the last windmill.

10to 12 bucks a pound at the fish monger in Dover. That's were we have been limiting out the credit cards. Walleye fishing on the other hand has been stellar this year.

That's cheap----vendor at local market----16.99/pound:eek:

Actually if you figure out what a boat even just the gas in a car , depending how far, really costs to catch a few perch 17 bucks a pound might not be too bad. Look what happened to us last month when we rented the cottage at North Erie for3 days, 2 boats driving around looking for them for 3 days etc. etc. and we did get a few nice ones to have a feed. Lobster would have been cheaper. But who in the H cares, we are fishing not at home watching TV or worse on poor health. So who can complain? Not us, right @packrat.

Actually if you figure out what a boat even just the gas in a car , depending how far, really costs to catch a few perch 17 bucks a pound might not be too bad. Look what happened to us last month when we rented the cottage at North Erie for3 days, 2 boats driving around looking for them for 3 days etc. etc. and we did get a few nice ones to have a feed. Lobster would have been cheaper. But who in the H cares, we are fishing not at home watching TV or worse on poor health. So who can complain? Not us, right @packrat.

at my age don't count the "cost" of doing what you enjoy----if you did might as well stay home:p

and you're right JD after what's been spent after six trips----could have a good haul in the freezer:D:D

at my age don't count the "cost" of doing what you enjoy----if you did might as well stay home:p

and you're right JD after what's been spent after six trips----could have a good haul in the freezer:D:D
SOON GORD:),boat will be ready(y),c u on the 31st.

SOON GORD:),boat will be ready(y),c u on the 31st.

What's up with the boat Horty? If I had of known it was out of service I could have pulled mine down there and gone out with you. PM me if you want, I don't need another Hi Jacking charge against me.

Wow 31st. I still can no problem plus I need a feed of perch, let me know I will come down anytime, no problem.

I can take 2 guys and it is still comfortable for perchin. How about I invite this @packrat character?

I'm heading to Bruce fishing solo today, Horty if you want to chase eyes, I'll be at North Erie marina in about 40 minutes. Pm me for a phone number, I'll be in the 20' legend Excalibur .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks