Perch this upcoming Saturday

Topwater

Morning guys, love the board I'm hoping to be able to contribute with some good Erie reports soon.
I'm mostly an up north and Lake Ontario guy and haven't fished Erie much.

This Saturday I want to try for Perch. I'm new to Lake Erie Perchin and I was thinking either LP area or Pt Albino.
I'm looking for info on where I can get minnows, what basic strategy to use, and maybe what launch good for those two places in regards to getting to Perch water.

I read reports and talk to guys and from what I can gather at basic it's head out to 40' and starting looking to mark fish. If nothings there, move somewhere else... am I on the right track? thanks!

You got Topwater....head out, slow down and watch your graph. Find em and set up on em...if they move, you move. I was recently out and it was all a deep water bite. Lots of perch, but you have to find em and stay on them. Have a great time! Nothing beats a big feed of erie perch.

11041123_10152725251815706_2223911540612197371_n_1.jpg

Regardless where you head out to since it is a weekend and things are turning on find the pack and there is a fairly good chance you have found them, not always the case. Stay to the outside of the pack, first come first serve. Nothing grinds my teeth more than someone trying to squeeze between 2 or more boats. There is plenty of room. Another peeve of mine is someone jumping the line waiting to get into the ramp. Like yesterday.

@WhatsthePoint I share your pet peeves. I've been doing this a while myself and do my best to thoughtful and aware of everyone else. I'd rather catch less fish than get in the way of other guys out there, it just makes for a lot of unpleasantness. To me, there is nothing better than fishing and I don't want to ruin my day or anyone elses. Thanks for the tips guys.

@WhatsthePoint I share your pet peeves. I've been doing this a while myself and do my best to thoughtful and aware of everyone else. I'd rather catch less fish than get in the way of other guys out there, it just makes for a lot of unpleasantness. To me, there is nothing better than fishing and I don't want to ruin my day or anyone elses. Thanks for the tips guys.

You know a guy is too close when he can pass you his lighter.

Pet peeve: the dude in an older bass boat on the long weekend at Bluff's that trolled next to me and almost dropped not 1 but 4 casts into my boat. Its 25FT and has 2 little kids in it -- you can't not see my boat there. WTF. Then talk nice and friendly. No other boats around me. I just happened to pick up a couple quick fish... which he saw.

Its a huge lake. There are fish all over the place.. and they are least likely be around all the boats.

Good luck out there @Topwater -- I hope to get out there myself!

Back