Fishing Report Perch - St Williams - Friday, Sept 29th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I tried the Inner Bay for perch this morning with usual partner Albert and my neighbor Brian. We left Simcoe at about 8:00 am and launched at Collin's Marina. The first couple of hours were tough and we even kept a few fish under our 8" minimum size so we could say we weren't skunked. With a whole lot of luck we eventually drifted into some perch and deployed the electric on the anchor setting in about 7 feet of water. That resulted in catching a ton of dinks plus 38 keepers up to 12" by 1:00 pm. The weather was great, winds were light, temperature about 20 C with water temp 63 F. Brian caught the lion's share of keepers tossing spoons sweetened with a shiner. Unfortunately the pike also liked his presentation and he is now minus a few lures.

Similar results in the same area last week. We were drifting using small spoons trailing a snelled hook with a Shiner. They seemed to like baits on the move. So many drinks we went barbless and almost all were released unharmed.

Attachments

• IMG_20230921_180550.jpg
    IMG_20230921_180550.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 28
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks