Perch Report and Bitch, sorry complaint?

can't miss

Fished perch @ Bruce today, boated about 30, 10 or more jumbo's, rest good eating size, great day, Till??
Look, call me a grumpy old guy, absolutely, I'll own that.
I fish during the week to miss the crowd's, I stay well clear of the perch pack, go out of my way do so. It's just what I do, it's a real big lake and room for all, not claiming any ownership.
Perch pack today, early, was about 38 ft in front of three tree's, I went a good 3/4 mile past. Totally alone, guy comes in on plane, stop's 20 ft away, actually splashes me with anchor. No hello or how's the bite, just my new neighbor. I had been having some good fishing, guess I was being watched, but really, 20 ft?
It's a free lake, fish were you want, be glad we have the opportunity, could I have 20 ft of it?

That's brutal had he been polite and said good morning how is the bite mind if I fish here too I'm sure you have responded politely in return what a Douche bag

Fished perch @ Bruce today, boated about 30, 10 or more jumbo's, rest good eating size, great day, Till??
Look, call me a grumpy old guy, absolutely, I'll own that.
I fish during the week to miss the crowd's, I stay well clear of the perch pack, go out of my way do so. It's just what I do, it's a real big lake and room for all, not claiming any ownership.
Perch pack today, early, was about 38 ft in front of three tree's, I went a good 3/4 mile past. Totally alone, guy comes in on plane, stop's 20 ft away, actually splashes me with anchor. No hello or how's the bite, just my new neighbor. I had been having some good fishing, guess I was being watched, but really, 20 ft?
It's a free lake, fish were you want, be glad we have the opportunity, could I have 20 ft of it?
He thought you needed a new friend lol

It seems to happen every where now
They come into the pack on plane bouncing everyone all over the place around them , TOSS the anchor in beside you
try fishing for 15 minutes and if they don't catch anything up and move disturbing everyone again
Common courtesy is all we are asking for and a little distance from our boat and our anchor line !
The fish are there if you are patient
I even let people move closer to me if I am having luck , just be respectful to other boaters

Great points. The guys who are idiots are oblivious the notion of common courtesy and respect for others and it's easy to tell them apart from other guys by the way they come into a group of anchored fishermen. I try to stay at least several hundred feet from nearest boat- even if they're catching. They found them and you have to respect that and try to get the fish under you or move.

can't miss, I was out on Sunday in 37 FOW a fella came up (not on plane, thanks) and asked if I was getting any perch, I replied " a few" he then asked on what? I replied Minnows, he then asked salted, frozen or fresh ? I told him fresh from NEM. he then travelled behind me, I then heard the motor shut off and then a splash of water, I turned around and no more than 25ft away from me????? like you I prefer not to be in the pack, I pulled up and moved. He yelled over " am I too close?" Welllllll if you have to ask, chances are, you are too close,,,lol.

My philosophy is that if I can cast my perch rig into your boat you have parked TOO close. Have been very tempted to cast a few split shot off the side of a boat or two but have managed to regain my composure in time !!!!

There no better way to disturb a school of feeding fish than to drop an anchor on them. I would see it all the time when diving, they scatter. Some people are duffuses and I will tell them when they do that. One idiot actually bumped my boat when he tried to get in between my and a buddies boat 20 feet from me. He was close enough to smack him in the yap. Not even a sorry before I blasted him, in a nice way because he had his kids with him.

I don't know how many of you guys ice fish but that's where these same morons really frost my cupcake. Was on a great perch bite out of kingsville 2 years ago in my shanty with the heat on and the door closed and some a hole on a quad drives up and stops within 5 feet of my shanty. I had my camera on and could see the fish bolt as he pulled up so I'm steamed. This guy gets off his quad, leaves it running, walks up and grabs the zipper as he asks how the fish are biting. I yell "don't F-ing open the door." He starts whining and I tell him he killed my bite. He says "you don't know that." I brought him inside the shanty and replayed the video on my camera. He apologized and was in disbelief. Theses idiots literally do not know any better!

i haven't had anyone come too close to me….but I'm fairly new at this perching thing. I can't believe that someone would come within 20-30 ft of anyone fishing….i feel bad when i come that close when waiting in line to get back to the launch…

Even in the Bay, I refuse to go into "the group". I like to keep my anchor on board and drift to find my spots. Too many times, I've had people pull up in front of my drift and throw anchor and force me to move. My beef , for what it's worth.

ive always thought if my paintball gun can reach you, then you too close! people wouldnt get sooo close if that was legal now would they...

Wow...I just have to laugh at that...20'...really?! Just have to shake my head. Many years ago when I was much younger, if one did that to me I would point the stern in their direction, pull anchor, trim up hard and hammer the throttle, hoping they have a bilge pump...or a bar of soap! lol. That was then. People are completely self absorbed with themselves these days and could care less about etiquette or have no idea what that word means. Clearly can't miss you're the better person for your actions. Good on ya mate! You can fish 30' from my boat anytime! (in case I run out of minnows) :)
At least you caught a nice feed! Enjoy!

as always, be safe out there folks.

cheers!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks