Fishing Report Perch - North Shore - Saturday, July 30th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Launched at Turkey Point. Met a boat returning from off shore fishing saying it was too bumpy to be out there. Fished the North Shore for perch. The northwest breeze and cooler temperatures made it very comfortable all along that coast. Three of us were rewarded with 62 keeper perch 8 to 11" for 3 hours of effort. Lots of undersized fish but they kept us entertained. We used shiner minnows and strategies ranging from drop shot to spinner baits....they all worked.

Thanks for the report Duck Soup. Need to get my wife out and do some perch fishing . Been concentrating on largemouth for the past month

Launched at Turkey Point. Met a boat returning from off shore fishing saying it was too bumpy to be out there. Fished the North Shore for perch. The northwest breeze and cooler temperatures made it very comfortable all along that coast. Three of us were rewarded with 62 keeper perch 8 to 11" for 3 hours of effort. Lots of undersized fish but they kept us entertained. We used shiner minnows and strategies ranging from drop shot to spinner baits....they all worked.
Hi. Where exactly is the North Shore? Thanks

Hi. Where exactly is the North Shore? Thanks
Locals usually define the north shore as the shoreline between Port Dover and Turkey Point. A sure sign that there are perch available is seeing a bunch of boats at anchor fishing with minnows or worms. That said, if you can find your own school of perch you can really do well before others join in.

I hear some people use alot from them to feed the fish is there any truth to this ???

Locals usually define the north shore as the shoreline between Port Dover and Turkey Point. A sure sign that there are perch available is seeing a bunch of boats at anchor fishing with minnows or worms. That said, if you can find your own school of perch you can really do well before others join in.
Thank you

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks