Fishing Report Perch - LPB Normandale - Wednesday, Sept. 27th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Picked up Albert at 8:00 am and headed for St Williams which is our closest place to buy minnows. We launched at Turkey Point and headed east trying different areas along the north shore. By about 10:30 we finally found some perch off of Normandale in about 18 fow. We quit at noon keeping 27 perch between 8 and 9 inches. Probably sorted through 150 fish to get those. A nice morning with a westerly breeze that is off-shore at Turkey Point and very comfortable.

Good for you Arnie at least you got some perch... I haven't seen one in the western basin since the second week in June. :(
Good report as always! (y)

Did you notice the big search airplane this morning. From Nanticoke it looked like it was circling around Potahawk

Did you notice the big search airplane this morning. From Nanticoke it looked like it was circling around Potahawk
Pretty hard to miss! Does anyone know who or what they were searching for?

If you noticed a yellow kayak bouncing around out there that was me. I was using salties and caught a few keepers but mostly fed the gobies. I guess I left before the plane showed up, I didn't see it. TC

Search and Rescue exercises going on daily since late last week. Some night ones too. Not sure if they concluded today or not. They announce their arrival into the area and intentions on VHF 16 for those with the need to know.

The VHF was on channel 68 when we saw the plane. Switched over to channel 16 a little while later. Only heard Sarnia Coast Guard calling the Cape Lambton.

Well done @Duck Soup (y). I am hoping to get back to fish normandale at least once more this year. My kids had a great time with all that sorting!

I was out at the Bluffs and the only excitement out there was watching the Herc fly its grids

Attachments

• IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 33
Back