Fishing Report Perch - Inner LP Bay - Sunday, Apr 17th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Albert and I headed out to EC10 this morning hoping to duplicate the success my grandchildren and son-in-law enjoyed yesterday. We didn't even come close but after anchoring and re-anchoring for an hour and a half we finally caught a few. Photo below is of Albert holding up two perch that both exceeded 1 and one- half pounds. We released them because they were absolutely loaded with eggs. We ended up keeping 11 fish and also released some that were too small. The weather was absolutely gorgeous.

Where are the boundaries for the sanctuary? I thought it was the entire inner bay?

Albert and I headed out to EC10 this morning hoping to duplicate the success my grandchildren and son-in-law enjoyed yesterday. We didn't even come close but after anchoring and re-anchoring for an hour and a half we finally caught a few. Photo below is of Albert holding up two perch that both exceeded 1 and one- half pounds. We released them because they were absolutely loaded with eggs. We ended up keeping 11 fish and also released some that were too small. The weather was absolutely gorgeous.

Nice Job on the release...Guys

What a great catch.....can't wait to get the boat into the water and start fishing! Thanks for sharing the great picture!

Nice to see them released...the big females full of eggs dont give you the best fillets anyways.
The tugs are on the lake...they must just slay the big spawners.
Do you think we make any difference in the Erie perch picture practicing good conservation like this(other than doing our part)?
Theres a really good article in the May In-Fisherman mag on the future of big bluegills...shows how the impact of keeping the big fish can decimate a panfish population. IMHO I think a lot can be transposed onto the perch fishery.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks