Perch - Hastings - Thursday, June 20th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
After striking out in LPB last Saturday Albert, John (Canvasback) and I were going to play it safe and headed to a favourite spot off of Hastings this morning. We did not do as well as some of the boats already there but still managed 115 keepers in about 4 hours. Usually it's a lot better but the schools of perch remained very loyal to the boats already there. They arrived early, we didn't.

Arnie,

as they say: timing and location are everything ;-) And keep in mind Big Dave is feeding those perch there for years so they all know him and are loyal o him by now ;)
John looks god and you have plenty or perch not to get too bored cleaning them.
Not too windy it looks in the background?

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Arnie,

as they say: timing and location are everything ;-) And keep in mind Big Dave is feeding those perch there for years so they all know him and are loyal o him by now ;)
John looks god and you have plenty or perch not to get too bored cleaning them.
Not too windy it looks in the background?

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman
Perfect weather Emil. We simply could not keep the perch under the boat and I could not stay longer because I had an afternoon appointment. We probably fished for 4 hours so we gave it a good go.

We found it slow too DS. We finished with a full count but had to work for them. Ice Fisherman, there are 300 less loyal ones now:)

BD

Duck Soup, I believe we were the boat next to you (white lund). The action as you witnessed was non stop for us from the time we pulled in and anchored where we were. This was our first time @ Hastings, we hope to be back again. We were about 2hrs to get our 20o perch, fastest 200 perch we ever caught. 33lbs net filleted fillets...:)

We left the spot and trolled back to port and managed to go 2/4 on the walleye, one big chunky 9lber and one 5lber.

I would like to have words with the "Key West" boat that was moving around us while we were perching...while trolling back to port (while us being the only boat trolling in the area) this idiot decided to run at full power within 30 yards of our boat and clipped and ruined one of my leadcore setups with a mini board.......:mad:

Big Dave, if today was slow for the area, I would hate to see it when its on fire...lol

Great day on the water.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

DS I was in the 1900 right beside you. We ended up with 138 then ran out of minnows and wanted to try for some eyes on the way back. No eyes or bows but a beauty day for sure we had 35 over 12 " just incredible. I'll try and post a pic tomorrow pickerel rigs out fished drop shot rigs by a long shot today which I find strange but go with what works I guess

Good meeting you out there Waterboy, you guys did well!

Nice to meet board members on the water...

The water is slowly warming up, the eyes are going to show up in numbers soon enough.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

Duck Soup, I believe we were the boat next to you (white lund). The action as you witnessed was non stop for us from the time we pulled in and anchored where we were. This was our first time @ Hastings, we hope to be back again. We were about 2hrs to get our 20o perch, fastest 200 perch we ever caught. 33lbs net filleted fillets...:)

We left the spot and trolled back to port and managed to go 2/4 on the walleye, one big chunky 9lber and one 5lber.

I would like to have words with the "Key West" boat that was moving around us while we were perching...while trolling back to port (while us being the only boat trolling in the area) this idiot decided to run at full power within 30 yards of our boat and clipped and ruined one of my leadcore setups with a mini board.......:mad:

Big Dave, if today was slow for the area, I would hate to see it when its on fire...lol

Great day on the water.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

Hi, you and waterboy were the boats I was referring to. I guess you were there first and the perch were very loyal and stayed under your boats for the duration. After you left life improved for waterboy but we were still unable to hold them under our boat. I think bigger minnows would have helped. The best fishing we had was with minnows burped up by the fish we caught. They were twice the size of what we had. Not complaining though, we still had more than enough.

I know it is not nice to jump in on someones post but I felt I needed to make a request that HereFishyFishy give a clearer description of the Key West boat that acted like an idiot where he was perchen and then trolling. I operate a Key West and because there are very few of them in the area I don't want people mistaking me for this idiot. My boat is a 22.5 DC with a light yellow hull and white interior , powered with a 225 Yamaha and 15 hp kicker. I often fish the waters from Long Point as far west as Port Stanley and can assure everyone this character was not me. Thanks for reading my rant. LLOYD

Lloyd, my apologies if my comments were construed as possibly labelling yourself or others that own beautiful boats like a key west to potentially being idiots on the water. That was not my intention.

This individual was with his wife or significant other on the water and out of respect for woman I did not say anything to him when he was zipping thru the the boats at Hastings when many of us were onto some good perch. This individual lacks morals and ethics simply said. Others were around us and kept a respectable distance. This individual if I had to guess was into his late 50's or early to mid 60's with what appeared to be ( I could be wrong) had an European accent ( again I am not sterotyping Europeans)

However when he came thru our trolling gear at WOT between my 2 mini boards out there i lost it and screamed at him. He barely shrugged his shoulders and never looked back.

All I noticed at that point was the fact that it was the same idividual who right to the north of me at hasting and that it was a key west boat with a small canvas style overhead canopy.

Again my apologies if my comments upset you. I truly understand your concern an I glad you brought it up to my attention to clarify.

You know what they say about "karma"..... His turn will come

Cheers and best of luck with your season

Herefishyfishy

Thanks for the comeback and the fact that you took the time to do it tells me that you are truly a respectful kind of guy. Too bad you had that encounter because it sure can ruin a great day. Enough said and good fishing. PS - say hello on 68 if you see me on the water. My handle is DUKE

Hey guys; I know I am late here but wanted to say how much I enjoyed the day. I was in the black Lund with Waterboy and boy; what a day!

It is great to meet members on the water and couldn't wait to do it again. So; I took the boys out of school and headed back to Hastings on Friday.

We weren't disappointed and after 2x hrs of fishing; my young ones arms were wore out and it was time to head back in. They ended up keeping 50x over 10" and now Dad's hands are tired from cleaning so many fish!

Thanks again and see you soon!
Luke Small.jpgLuke Perch Small.jpgJack Drive Small.jpgJack Small.jpg

First time too hastings also Saturday 6 man limit in 3 hours little choppy but worth it or sure had a blast.. Not sure if that was you Big Dave but we were in the Grady White boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks