Perch fishing

misty river

IMG_0175.JPG after being told they had gas at the marina I showed up to go perch fishing only to find they had 15$ worth of gas in the tank , paid for the gas went up river to where they said they had gas and after 30$ I drained their tank. On the way by my slip Billy offered a 5 gallon gas can full of gas so I added that to my tank too . After this lengthy ordeal we were on our way , bite was slow but we did have times where they were active for a 10 minute stretch then nothing again
Decided to drag some lines on the way back and was able to get 7 eyes
Cruised back in to the marina on fumes !
32 degrees in September, who would have thought

Congrats on your catch For all the crap you dealt with it sure paid off, also nice to who offered you the 5g off fuel. We got our fish and sun stroke too the day before. Then decided to chill and watch football on Sunday.
Hot hot hot. ;)

If you know that there is a fuel shortage for some time now, why risk leaving your boat in the slip even after you said that you want to leave the marina? Wouldn't it be easier to trailer it back home and pass a gas station on the trip down?

i said I was not impressed with the minnow and gas issues and thinking of finding a new home for the boat
I called before going to the lake and both marinas told me they had gas
If they didn't I would have brought gas with me

No one was more surprised than myself when the pump stopped at $31.00, Debbie had it filled Fri. There was a lot of extra fuel sold to the guys from NEM. I felt for you.

Far as I know she did not run out of minnows........Darryl( owner of Big Otter and Erie bait) fishes hard to keep the tanks full. It does happen in the fall sometimes...minnows move deeper I am told. Considering youre fuel situation I say you did very well and you didnt have to radio for a tow.......lol.

If you know that there is a fuel shortage for some time now, why risk leaving your boat in the slip even after you said that you want to leave the marina? Wouldn't it be easier to trailer it back home and pass a gas station on the trip down?
Take the boat out of the slip for gas?? R u kidding this is a service that we r promised with the cost of our slip not to mention we were told absolutely no Gerry cans by the owners. It is no surprise to me big otter was out as well with all the burwell marina people having to by gas there also That's twice the burden on their tanks.

Last edited:
Yes
I am very thank full to big otter
I had to buy my minnows there a lot this summer
I am glad there is two marinas in burwell
That we can use to get in the water
Room for improvement at NEM , for sure
But not bad for the first year of service

Yes
I am very thank full to big otter
I had to buy my minnows there a lot this summer
I am glad there is two marinas in burwell
That we can use to get in the water
Room for improvement at NEM , for sure
But not bad for the first year of service
Yes not a bad start. I am sure Greg and Sam will make the right decisions and next year will be a better one. I have had a slip there for many years it's home for me. Here's hoping 2018 will be a better year.

My comment above was Not meant to put down NEM about not having minnows , I understand when they run out , heck Bradfields use to run out way earlier in the year
Billy (NEM) was the fella that offered me the jerry can which we appreciated
Did not mean to upset anybody , if I did I apologize

View attachment 6554 after being told they had gas at the marina I showed up to go perch fishing only to find they had 15$ worth of gas in the tank , paid for the gas went up river to where they said they had gas and after 30$ I drained their tank. On the way by my slip Billy offered a 5 gallon gas can full of gas so I added that to my tank too . After this lengthy ordeal we were on our way , bite was slow but we did have times where they were active for a 10 minute stretch then nothing again
Decided to drag some lines on the way back and was able to get 7 eyes
Cruised back in to the marina on fumes !
32 degrees in September, who would have thought
Great job

Back