Perch fishing Clear Creek/Burwell

RobNPerch

The day started fishing at Port Burwell and the fish finder was lit up with perch at 42 f.o.w. at 8:00 a.m.!! Not 1 perch would bite so we left for Hastings. We stopped at the end of the Windmills and started fishing at 48 f.o.w. and it was non-stop action for the wife and I til noon!!! We had 46 keepers in the cooler and then the fish were gone. So we moved straight out to the second 48 ft. mark and again it was non-stop action ,but the fish would not bite the pickerel rigs at all. So I switched up to Drop shot and I out fished the wife 52 keepers to 2 keepers in the afternoon. Done by 2:30 p.m. The amount of jumbo's on the fish finder was amazing. We got a bunch of jumbo's,but the smaller keepers seem to get the bait first. Great day on the water, until I got to the launch and my lower end would not raise up. Thanks' to Ron Bradfield and family at their launch for helping me raise it up a few inches, enough to trailer the boat back to Caledonia. The definition of B.O.A.T.= Bilge Out Another Thousand !!!!!!!!!!!

Good to hear that you made it home safely. That OMC wasn't, as high as we,d like to see. I was curious about how you made out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks