perch fishing 2015

Fish Whisperer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Booking perch charters out of Port Burwell for 2015 season. Lots of good fishing dates available. Book your trip for some of those Erie jumbo perch you have been trying to catch all winter. Regular trips to Hastings area .

Would it be better to put in at long point and come around less big water ?? It does not matter to me I can run 50 in 3 footers but for smaller boats

Not in my opinion. I used to run to the lighthouse a lot and that's big water out there too. @Three Bouys ran me over from Burwell in his smaller boat last year and it was no problem. I think he has run his bigger boat around from Long Point too. Maybe he could weigh in here?

Either way, there are no guarantees on Erie. especially that far from port. A few perch are not worth the risk. So, my advice is to pick the right day weather-wise.

Last edited:
Your site doesn't have the rates either, unless I can't see them. I sure am curious now, what are the rates?

I haven't talked to many that do the trip around the point. I thought my nearly 20 foot boat could handle this lake, nope, not always. I know a boater here kissing the ground at the marina after a trip in a 35 foot cruiser. Be careful out there.

Last edited:
Oh yes took my bro inlaw lmao great chum slick and it was just the roll not even breaking on top lol it can turn very bad in a short time be wise and be safe it's the only way to play

Its APPROX 36 miles from Marina shores to go out and around and get to hastings perch grounds. As stomp said,go from Port Burwell, but pick your days right. Erie can kick up in a hurry.

Like @stomp says those waters out and around the Point can change and once you are on the lake side you have no place to get out of rough waters. I've done it a few times with the big boat from Old Cut and as @kirkplewes says it's a good 36 miles around to get there. It's a nice trip around on a good day

Its APPROX 36 miles from Marina shores to go out and around and get to hastings perch grounds. As stomp said,go from Port Burwell, but pick your days right. Erie can kick up in a hurry.

Its shorter to run from Port Bruce than marina shores then ......think its only 28 miles from Port Bruce @Disconnected Sportfishing was telling me , they run over acouple times a year for the fine perching action .....think I'm going to run the striper down there this year and give it a try !.................apps

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks